Buford Dam Water Lvl's / Activity

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buford Dam Water Lvl's / Activity

Hi everyone been off of here for awhile. Schools been takin a toll. Anyone been up or down to Buford Dam recently or around that area? I've been wanting to hit up some trout with my fishing buddy. Anyone been around the area recently. Tight lines everybody!

Carl
    Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends"
    1st ID 1-26INF OIF2
    PALMAM QUI MERUIT FERAT
    sigpic

Its a bit too long of a drive for me to fish often but the levels vary from day to day. Its all about checking the guages and the schedule of releases. These are in the link in the top thread on the page. Schedule wisely and wear that PDF.

As for what they're biting, midges and the bowman't gnat are always good.

Comment

DNR has been stocking bows from the ramp. I want to say weekly since the start of the fishing season, but it might be bi-weekly. Either way the new bows really like #10 Olive wooly buggers. Cast out @ 45 deg, let drift downstream and strip them back slow along the far shore before the 1st shoals and be prepared for the hit(s).
      Nothing is impossible the impossible just takes a little longer. So take your time and enjoy the experience.
      sigpic

Comment

Thanks so much guys! I've never been here before I am really excited about going and checking it out! I've seen the water level rise on a video on youtube I wouldnt think about going there without a PFD.
        Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends"
        1st ID 1-26INF OIF2
        PALMAM QUI MERUIT FERAT
        sigpic

Comment

Carl,

The USGS site has current data on several...many,many..GA locations:

http://waterdata.usgs.gov/ga/nwis/uv...te_no=02334430

If you use the state "select" dropdown, you just find the location where there's a gauge and click.

Tight Lines!

Jimmy

Comment

And due to water temp & mineral content, the rocks are slicker than owl snot. Be careful.

Want to Help Ease DNR's Budget Woes? Buy a TU license Plate!

Comment

We never made it up to Buford Dam after we stopped at Settles Bridge, my friend and I were really taken with the place so we fished the heck outta it, next time though I will make it up there. We are going to start planning a camping trip up to N. Ga and go fishing up there. I love this state!
              1st ID 1-26INF OIF2
              PALMAM QUI MERUIT FERAT
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X