Jones bridge park closed till sat?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jones bridge park closed till sat?

On my way to work this morning I decided to stop by jb for a quick splash. Main entrance was closed due to filming of a movie. Anyone know anything about this?
    Should be back open by the weekend I believe.
    "I know your path has been tried and so it might seem like the way to go. Me, I'd rather be found trying something new. And the bottom line in all this seems to say there's no right and no wrong way..." The Offspring,1997

Which side--Gwinnett County Park or NPS Fulton side ?

Comment

Originally posted by The Ole Man View Post
      Which side--Gwinnett County Park or NPS Fulton side ?
      gwinnet side, Wish GA would stop giving tax breaks to these Hollywood commys.
      We are the music-makers,
      And we are the dreamers of dreams,
      Wandering by lone sea-breakers
      And sitting by desolate streams;
      World losers and world forsakers,
      On whom the pale moon gleams.

Comment

Lets keep this civil. No need for previous comments which have been deleted. I wouldn't want my nieces reading that stuff and having to ask me what it means.
        sigpic
        ad illudendum , et in sibilum

"Laughter is my drug of choice"
        - B. Nelson, HSD, AA, BS, MS, LPC, LMHC, NCC, FFF CCI, ACI, PADI AD, OPP, OCD, ADHD, ODD, PIB, MIB, PBR, PB & J, General Manager of the World, Fluent in Sarcasm

TBoy to GB: "An education doesn't fix stupid, you're living proof of that "

"Your a Idiott" - RScott

I Beat Tommy King in a Spelling Bee.

Comment

Originally posted by Gatorbyte View Post
          Lets keep this civil. No need for previous comments which have been deleted. I wouldn't want my nieces reading that stuff and having to ask me what it means.
          Not the first time this has affected me personally. Had to detour to work for almost a week because of filming. But when they access to my local park, it gets me steamin...
          We are the music-makers,

Comment

Yea, GA is becoming a premium location for filmmakers. Couldn't get to my mom's house last week because of a reality show being filmed down the street. I agree that the tax-break thing is probably what is drawing them to GA. I wish the GDEcD would post production schedules but I guess they want to keep it secrete in order to keep the crowds away. Anyway, its probably going to become a bigger problem. A couple of years back I had planned a trip to the Dupont Forest in NC only to find that when I got there they were filming of the "Hunger Games" and had the area shut down for the week. Had to turn around and go home.

Comment

Really? You guys are whining about a little traffic for a while. It`s called putting people to work. On top of that your complaining because you can`t get to Mommy`s house… And I thought the generation coming up was soft!
              "If you aren`t fishing out West.... well you`re just plain fishing"

Comment

Its only a little traffic for now, wait till the "I'm an actress, but I'm waiting tables for now," and personal trainers start migrating.
                We are the music-makers,

Comment

Filming Sunday too on barnwell side

When I left the river on Sunday they were setting up. Not sure what it is for. The fishing should be good later this week with the fish receiving a little less pressure this week.

Comment

sounds like a good time for a flotilla down from from 141 and take up residence mid stream behind them!

Comment

Originally posted by YERF DOG View Post
                      Really? You guys are whining about a little traffic for a while. It`s called putting people to work. On top of that your complaining because you can`t get to Mommy`s house… And I thought the generation coming up was soft!
                      Filming in GA is booming because of the tax credit the state gives. Film and television companies may receive a tax credit of up to 30 percent of money spent on production and post-production in Georgia, either in a single production or on multiple projects. Couple that with filming on public property which is inexpensive or free compared to using a studio or on private property. Many say it brings jobs. Well yes, but they are temporary and the trades people in the film industry move around a lot following the jobs. Here today gone tomorrow. Others, say if we don't attract them to GA then they will go elsewhere. We will most likely be seeing more of this at our favorite recreation locations.
                      Last edited by natureman; 08-14-14, 12:43 PM.

Comment

Well yes, but they are temporary and the trades people in the film industry move around following the jobs. Here today gone tomorrow.
                        Well, good for the hospitality industry anyway.
                        "What's his offense?"
                        "Groping for trouts in a peculiar river."
                        ― William Shakespeare, Measure for Measure

Comment

Originally posted by Shellfish View Post
                          On my way to work this morning I decided to stop by jb for a quick splash. Main entrance was closed due to filming of a movie. Anyone know anything about this?
                          Should be back open by the weekend I believe.
                          It's all good!! As long as the movie is awesome.

If I find out its sharknadoIII I'll be pissed!
                          Last edited by Shellfish; 08-14-14, 10:36 PM.
                          "I know your path has been tried and so it might seem like the way to go. Me, I'd rather be found trying something new. And the bottom line in all this seems to say there's no right and no wrong way..." The Offspring,1997

Comment

Filming

fair number of tradesmen for various jobs in film and tv business already lived here,before the tax breaks were offered.they were mostly traveling to La. or Nc to work.filming has been going on in the state for a long time,just not to this degree.not good that they closed down a county park for a week,that is poplist pols at work.a floatilla sounds excellent,but I will be in Athens 2morrow,driving down Milledge at lunch,with all the other males.

Comment

My son's company benefits from the GA movie industry. He rents cars to the movies and cast members. It's a great job!

Comment

Working...
                              X