decent day at JB yesterday evening.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• decent day at JB yesterday evening.

Finally made it out to "my spot" at JB yesterday after work and netted a couple nice rainbows. no pictures as i was too pumped since it was the first time out in like 2 months. Ofcourse after i caught my first some hispanic person(is this carebear enough) saw it and proceeded to stand 5 ft behind me with his corn and bobber. after loudly voicing my frustrations indirectly towards him and continuing to cast as if he wasnt there i believe he did get the hint. as usual I caught all the trout on my secret dry fly, and its only a secret cause I dont know what its called. streamer fishing is just too boring.

You said "carebear".

Good to hear you enjoyed your time on the stream.
    I'm so old I remember when men wore tattoos and women wore earrings.
    -Lefty Kreh

Comment

Originally posted by jonnybads View Post
      Finally made it out to "my spot" at JB yesterday after work and netted a couple nice rainbows. no pictures as i was too pumped since it was the first time out in like 2 months. Ofcourse after i caught my first some hispanic person(is this carebear enough) saw it and proceeded to stand 5 ft behind me with his corn and bobber. after loudly voicing my frustrations indirectly towards him and continuing to cast as if he wasnt there i believe he did get the hint. as usual I caught all the trout on my secret dry fly, and its only a secret cause I dont know what its called. streamer fishing is just too boring.
      I believe it may be just ignorance of fishing etiquette, rules and regulations. Most every Hispanic person I know regardless of socio-economic status is respectful.

Alejarse por favor, get away please
      Necesito más espacio, por favor, I need more space please
      Tiene una licencia de pesca?, Do you have a fishing license?
      Usted conoce las reglas, do you know the rules
      Este es mi río, This is my river

Comment

Glad you caught some fish. At least he only encroached on your personal fishing space - I was hit by a kayak Saturday and Sunday a canoe came within a couple of feet of me, said nothing, no apology, then stopped about twenty feet downriver of me and began fishing the same run I was fishing.

I guess I need a new life jacket since mine is camo they must not be able to see the 6' 5" 300 lb guy slinging a fly rod in the middle of the river.
        http://www.bigtflyfishing.com

Use Promo Code NGTO for 5% off

Comment

yea thats why im going to start going to JB in the evening time, no earlier than 500pm, seems to be less issues with tubers at that time. i had a yaker come within a foot or two of me so i told him if he does it again to me i'm gonna drown him in the river.

Comment

I have been fishing JB on Friday evenings up until the release the last few weeks and generally have had the place pretty much to myself.

However this past week 20 of Centennial's Sr class showed up at the island at 6:00'ish for an impromptu happy hour. They were well behaved for the most part and didn't bother the fishing. Although they had a few new models show up, that I am sure they were not building when I was in high school!

I expect to be out there next Fri. as well.

Comment

Which side of the river is better to park, enter the water, wade etc.?

Comment

Originally posted by Remoh View Post
                I believe it may be just ignorance of fishing etiquette, rules and regulations. Most every Hispanic person I know regardless of socio-economic status is respectful.

ROFL. Sometimes there are some real gems here.

If we numbered these 1-5, is that last one 5 shots/beers in?
                KCFO

I am sorry to disappoint you all, but the awesome mullet in my avatar is not real.

Comment

I had a somewhat frustrating day at JB yesterday. I was not bothered too much by fisherman with no etiquette (first time in months this hasn't happened). All I managed was to hook 3 fish only to lose them right as I was bringing them in. It's probably due to my inexperience. I probably need to read up on properly setting the hook and playing the fish. I also had two separate canoes paddle within 4 feet me with no apology. Classic JB.
                  Instagram: jkflyfish

Comment

Originally posted by JKFlyfish View Post
                    I also had two separate canoes paddle within 4 feet me with no apology. Classic JB Urban River.
                    FTFY. Seriously though, tons of novice canoers and kayakers use the river (especially) on the weekends. This ain't a perfect world, get over it.

Comment

Originally posted by JacobSilverblade View Post
                      FTFY. Seriously though, tons of novice canoers and kayakers use the river (especially) on the weekends. This ain't a perfect world, get over it.
                      99% of us know it's part of the real world and we respect that. Even expert yakers, tubers and canoers don't understand the mind set of a fisher. Not a problem. Many folks enjoy the water in some form or fashion. That's the way it is.

AJC reports "Multiple accidental discharges of paint ball gun on Chattahoochee" although authorities are not sure there is rumor his nickname is jonny bads.

Comment

Originally posted by Remoh View Post

Any tips on conjugating irregular verbs??
                        How do you get over a crappy fishing day? Go fishing again, and again.

http://www.youtube.com/madfishinskillz

Comment

I am guessing that with the collective brain power and skill sets of NGTO we could come up with remote controlled Plesiosaur (like Nessie) or a flotilla of swimming cobras in the course of an afternoon at say a Fling.
                          Last edited by FishnHuntnNut; 08-25-14, 11:43 PM. Reason: spellin
                          KCFO

I am sorry to disappoint you all, but the awesome mullet in my avatar is not real.

Comment

Originally posted by madfishinskillz View Post
                            Any tips on conjugating irregular verbs??
                            Funny Madman. I lived in central America 3 years. I don't speak correct Spanish but can manage my way, Chicas y Cervesas,The Rosetta Stone software sounds pretty nice. My nephew is using it in high school now and doing well.

I can conjugate the verb "to be", I be , he be, she be, they be, I hope that helps

Comment

I speak Spanish like a 3 year old. All the guys in Mexico I know would get a kick out of me when we went bird hunting down there. They called me "Gordito" (Little Fat) and my buddy was "Flaco" (Skinny).

Business is a total different ball game-I am glad everyone speaks English.
                              KCFO

Comment

Working...
                              X