Walrus 27" kype jaw Brown

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Walrus 27" kype jaw Brown

We had a stain this morning, and what a wonderful stain it was. It was one of those mornings where you feel you have have a shot to make the Quality vs. Quantity bite worthwhile.

I was up at 515 and in the water by 615, 30 minutes before sunrise. I had been trying to get this fish to bite again all week. I'm pretty confident this was the fish that I hooked about two weeks ago that got off.

I legitimately thought I was hung for 3 seconds. That is until the first headshake. My rod was doubled over and I was moving the fish, but not turning it, so I knew it was a dandy.

I saw him at about the 2 minute mark. At maybe 5 minutes in some awesome helpful dudes in a drift boat helped me net him. FOR ONCE I was able to get a good picture of one of my fish! Thanks a million guys!

Anyways I'll stop rambling. 27 inches just north of 10 pounds or so I'd guess. Clean healthy release so he's back in there to dance again.

Just a shot of how gnarly that gullet was! That fish could eat an 18 inch rainbow no problem.

Last edited by browniez; 08-22-15, 07:24 PM.
    I like em big fat and sloppy.

Oh my, not again.

Comment

Good god man

Comment

Hot dang! I'm dusting of off the spinning rods and jerk baits
        "Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a pretty well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!" - author unknown

Comment

Dang. Just Dang.

Beautiful fish.

Comment

Oh my, YES again !!!! Your Jedi Trout training is complete !!!! You are now a Jedi Trout Master .....

And I have to say it..... Sure looks tasty to me !!!!

Comment

Very nice brown! Good job man.

Comment

Great job man!!

Comment

Thanks yall! Fall is gonna be the time to go get em.

Fish like this validate getting up early and chucking big stuff for a few hours for sometimes a couple days on end without even a bite. It gets to where you question what your doing, but when it pays off its cool.

Gotta admit that dude had me thinking about the wall, but I want some little kid to catch it.
                  Last edited by browniez; 08-22-15, 09:48 AM.
                  I like em big fat and sloppy.

Comment

That's a picture perfect beast of a brown!!! Congrats!!!

Comment

Beast Mode!
                      "If you aren`t fishing out West.... well you`re just plain fishing"

Comment

Beautiful,Beautiful fish. Definite avatar material.

Comment

Excellent fish, dude

Comment

Awesome fish!!!!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

This is just sick!
                              Btw. I went out this morning and caught and released 6 stocked rainbows. Let the kids catch those....I want a shot at that monster. I hate to admit it but I would knock my own kid over for a shot at that one.
                              "I know your path has been tried and so it might seem like the way to go. Me, I'd rather be found trying something new. And the bottom line in all this seems to say there's no right and no wrong way..." The Offspring,1997

Comment

Working...
                              X