Jones Bridge

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jones Bridge

So this was about a month ago but its worth posting as my first post...

I had received a Scott Radian as a 16th Birthday present (a nice surprise!) and the next day my friend Will and I decided to go and fish Jones Bridge for our first time. A few casts in he lands a 6-7 inch wild rainbow on a Size 16 Blue assassin. A little while later I'm fishing through a run and see my indicator bounce, I set the hook and bring a beautiful 7 inch Brown to my net on a size 14 Fly Formally Known as Prince.

Later that day we moved up stream a little bit and will hooked into another rainbow on the Blue Assassin and I caught 2 more, an 8 inch and a 10 inch Rainbow Trout on a Size 16 Blue Assassin.

Overall, the Scott Radian paired up with Rio Gold fly line performed excellently!

Tight Lines,

-Ben
    Last edited by split shot; 07-15-17, 10:59 AM.

Welcome and nice pic. Thanks for posting.
    Whale Oil Beef Hooked
    - what you say to an Irishman when they buy you a pint

Comment

Good job Ben, I think I saw youse out there that day.

Anyone drive over any of the ________ bridge roads. I have a hard time believing turbiditys been around 20 going on two days at JB.
      We are the music-makers,
      And we are the dreamers of dreams,
      Wandering by lone sea-breakers
      And sitting by desolate streams;
      World losers and world forsakers,
      On whom the pale moon gleams.

Comment

Gout - I fished IF yesterday afternoon. The gage was 24. I tried the dead drift method for the first time and got 2. It was pretty stained water.

I had the pleasure of talking to Sam and Parker. I believe these young men did better and landed some Browns. I think they have cracked the code for Browns at IF.

Looking forward to better water soon.

PS I saw 7 deer in the field at the canoe ramp. Hard to believe we have deer and trout a couple of miles from Roswell road.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks I think it up to 28 now, may head out tomorrow. If I'm out early enough I usually see the same 6 from between the overlook dock and the stairs across the river. Last week I crossed over to fish above the old jones bridge remnants and got pretty close to them. They are always moving south either from River Pines or CCS. The mom snorted when she heard the camera click.

We are the music-makers,

Comment

Originally posted by GoutUnlimited View Post
            Thanks I think it up to 28 now, may head out tomorrow. If I'm out early enough I usually see the same 6 from between the overlook dock and the stairs across the river. Last week I crossed over to fish above the old jones bridge remnants and got pretty close to them. They are always moving south either from River Pines or CCS. The mom snorted when she heard the camera click.

Beautiful! Gout you may already know this, but if you walk up the east side of Jones bridge thought the ball park, you can cross the culvert and follow the trail upriver to the Gazebo. If you have a float tube, you can quickly get to a nice shoal with a lot less anglers around. At IF, I am strictly a fly fisherman; but when I put the boat in between Medlock and Jones I do go to the darkside and chunk Rapalas and shad raps to go after bigger fish.

So you at IF soon.

Comment

Speaking of deer my buddy Joe and I saw a buck at jb getting chased by a dog. He would have caught it if we didn't yell at him.

Wmoore it was nice meeting you. Trust me we haven't cracked the code, just get lucky every now and then.

Caught 2 at jb around 10 or 10:30. Joe caught 3 andnlost one. The water was green, way more than it was yesterday at if. Didn't look at the gage but it didn't look like it was 20.
              If it was easy, they'd call it catching not fishing

It's just a dumb fish- Captain Joel Dickey

Comment

You too Sam! I live fairly close to IF so I am sure I will see you there soon. Glad you saw a buck. The park land on the river is quite a refuge for them.

Comment

Originally posted by wmoore View Post
                  Beautiful! Gout you may already know this, but if you walk up the east side of Jones bridge thought the ball park, you can cross the culvert and follow the trail upriver to the Gazebo. If you have a float tube, you can quickly get to a nice shoal with a lot less anglers around. At IF, I am strictly a fly fisherman; but when I put the boat in between Medlock and Jones I do go to the darkside and chunk Rapalas and shad raps to go after bigger fish.

So you at IF soon.
                  Yeah Ive been up that way, you used to not be able to see those shoals until google images updated their pictures. Better to float down from Medlock I got yelled at by someone from Ridgegate going up that way. If you go past fiserve before you get to Fields there is this old red house in the middle of the woods, I don't know what it is but its there.

I went out today it was maybe low teens but not twenty on the turb. I lost 2 nice browns one belly flopped off the other one made a getaway within arms reach when he saw the net. Ran into Rick saw him catch a few. Didn't lose any flies, managed to stay dry, and didn't get completely skunked.

I don't know what paddys been doing but hes looking rough around the edges:

This guy is my new hero and made up for the mediocre fishing, that is a dive mask in his hand:
                  We are the music-makers,

Comment

Hard to believe. Must have dropped a bamboo fly rod 😀

Comment

Working...
                    X