Buford dam

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buford dam

Hello. This is my first post on the the forum. I just wanted to say that I had an amazing morning at the dam today. I arrived a little after 8am with the fog rolling off the rapids. I started the morning off with a couple of my favorite dry flies. First cast I got a nice little tug. I knew it was going to be a good day on the water. I ended up with a nice selection of Browns and bows. I really enjoy being able to experience the life of nature. All the trout today were catch and release. [PB_ALBUMSLIDESHOW][PB_ALBUMSLIDESHOW][/PB_ALBUMSLIDESHOW][/PB_ALBUMSLIDESHOW]
    Attached Files

That's a nighty nice-lookin' brownie there! Sounds like it was a really good day to me. Keep the photos coming.

And, by the way, welcome to NGTO!
    If you have difficulty understanding the post above, read it out loud and it should make sense. This NGTO member is known for his poor hill-billy upbringing and his affinity for all things from Louisiana (particularly if it relates to LSU). It makes for a poor mix of accents and much difficulty in translation. He was doing well for so long, but now seems to have regressed.

Comment

Thanks for the warm welcome swamp angel! It was a great day on the water I caught 8 nice ones. Really enjoyed the fight!

Comment

Always a plus when you can post a pic of a beaut on your first post. Welcome to the forum!
        Check out my personal Facebook page Tight Lines Joe of North Georgia and my Instagram Page Tightlinesjoe where I give tips on different tactics, stream reports and pictures of Georgia trout!

Team Georgia Competitive Fly Fishing Team now has a Facebook Page and an Instagram Page . Check them out for great information, pictures and events!

New to fly fishing? Check out Monthlyfly.com For localized Match The Hatch Flies mailed to your door!

Comment

beautiful fish.

Comment

Purity one! Welcome!
            I like em big fat and sloppy.

Comment

Welcome to NGTO! I was out there yesterday as well. I was the one cussing a bait fisherman as I cut my line off of his 2 lbs of nightcrawlers and 6 ounce split shots (Long story) Other than that, I had a great day. I caught trout euro nymphing, stripping a streamer and dry dropping. I was about to leave when I saw bigT and decided to hang around to have some of his karma rub off on me. I told bigT that all I had to do was stand next to him and I catch fish. He explained to me that it was because he creates structure wherever he stands and the fish huddle around him. I think he might be right I ended the day somewhere around 30-40 fish and the majority still came on small stuff (size 18-20 midges).
              I know where they live, I know what they eat. Now it's time to fool them with thread, feathers and roadkill.

------Team Norvise------
              sigpic

Comment

I just wanted to take time to thank all of you for commenting. This forum is going to be a lot of fun! I can't wait to post more fish.
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Turkeybeds View Post
                  I just wanted to take time to thank all of you for commenting. This forum is going to be a lot of fun! I can't wait to post more fish.

You think the forum is fun? Just wait until we get together for the Fall Fling! I fully expect to see you there!
                  If you have difficulty understanding the post above, read it out loud and it should make sense. This NGTO member is known for his poor hill-billy upbringing and his affinity for all things from Louisiana (particularly if it relates to LSU). It makes for a poor mix of accents and much difficulty in translation. He was doing well for so long, but now seems to have regressed.

Comment

Dang that sounds awesome! Keep me updated I'm defiantly down for the fall fling or any other fishing related get togethers.

Comment

Fall Fling will be either the last Saturday in October or the first Saturday in November. I promise ya, you will have a wonderful time!

There is generally a nymphing seminar which we call the Drag Free Drift Clinic. It is an "on the water event" that begins early. Also, there are frequently fly tying clinics as well as a lot of other things trout related in the morning. Then there's an awesome BBQ at lunchtime with pork that B983 and his food minions have been slow cooking on the smoker overnight. And finally, the bucket raffles that can have you walking away with some great schwag at the end of the day with dollar tickets placed in various buckets. (I have lost my arse completely on this before, but this last Spring Fling my wife placed her tickets just right and we scored more at the bucket raffles than should be allowed.)

Trust me, if you enjoy camaraderie with fellow anglers and you're not bashful, you'll have the time of your life at one of the Flings! Keep your eyes glued to the message board come October.

Comment

Thanks again for the information! Y'all are super helpful on this forum.

Comment

Working...
                        X