DH today

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DH today

Good to finally have a great DH day after 2 years of rain induced blowouts every weekend. Felt like 3 years ago when you could fish almost every day. 8 at hand with fish everywhere. Great talking to the guys throwing the fish in. Really appreciate everything they do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Message sent from your mom's bedroom during pillow talk

Buck Henry
    Simple Goat Herder
    Former NGTO President
    Hall of Fame Member

Comment

Chasman
      I wish I would have introduced myself to you today.
      I slipped away from work for a couple of hours.
      I like you have been waiting a while to have a great trip on the Hooch DH because of the rain. It took me a little bit to get dialed in with the wind and the fish hitting my indicator. I bet I had 20+ hit my indicator. Finally tied on a big hopper and dropped a junk fly behind.
      Game On!!!
      "Be patient and calm - for no one can catch fish in anger." - Herbert Hoover

Comment

Originally posted by Trout "R" View Post
        Chasman

I wish I would have introduced myself to you today.

I slipped away from work for a couple of hours.

I like you have been waiting a while to have a great trip on the Hooch DH because of the rain. It took me a little bit to get dialed in with the wind and the fish hitting my indicator. I bet I had 20+ hit my indicator. Finally tied on a big hopper and dropped a junk fly behind.

Game On!!!

Interesting! I had 3-4 hit my indicator. It didn't have a hopper. Will pick one up. No worries - I'll see you out there again. If the rain holds off his year, I typically can get out 3-4x a week. Tight lines!

Comment

Nice, looks great! I was at JB once when the truck came (not during DH), was quite a nice surprise! Some good size on the one in the green net!
          "The solution to any problem -- work, love, money, whatever -- is to go fishing, and the worse the problem, the longer the trip should be."

Comment

Originally posted by Dave44 View Post
            Nice, looks great! I was at JB once when the truck came (not during DH), was quite a nice surprise! Some good size on the one in the green net!

The green net was not mine. There were some brown pigs put in today.

Comment

Ahh gotcha, good to know they are there for the catching though
              "The solution to any problem -- work, love, money, whatever -- is to go fishing, and the worse the problem, the longer the trip should be."

Comment

Originally posted by chasman View Post
                The green net was not mine. There were some brown pigs put in today.

They're stocking browns? Thought they only stocked bows

Comment

Originally posted by mbailey729 View Post
                  They're stocking browns? Thought they only stocked bows
                  They stock both, and occasionally brookies too, in the DH. They stock only bows in the upper tailwater, above Morgan Falls.
                  "Everyone blows their money on stupid stuff. Just choose which stupid you want and roll with it."

Mark

Comment

Nice pic's - thanks for sharing..I won't be able to get out for a couple weeks so it's great to keep up with whats going on. Funny,and frustrating, how they will hit the indicator isn't it? Keep up the good work all!!
                    Tight lines!!

Doc

Comment

Originally posted by chasman View Post
                      Good to finally have a great DH day after 2 years of rain induced blowouts every weekend. Felt like 3 years ago when you could fish almost every day. 8 at hand with fish everywhere. Great talking to the guys throwing the fish in. Really appreciate everything they do.

Awesome pics. How many people were out fishing today? Going to hit PM tomorrow unless they stocked elsewhere

Comment

Very few.

Comment

Nice fish but the stocking of browns is complete waste of money.

You can raise more rainbows and have more fish to stock.

Comment

Why no browns?

Originally posted by trout1980 View Post
                            Nice fish but the stocking of browns is complete waste of money.

You can raise more rainbows and have more fish to stock.
                            Trout1980- why do you say stocking browns is a waste? No trout survive the summer in the DH, rainbow or brown

Comment

actually some fish do survive. there are a couple springs in the DH section that a few fish do hold over......they are few and far between however.

Comment

Working...
                              X