No announcement yet.

B dam h2o release effect?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glad you enjoyed it, I think that is one of the funniest things I have ever seen. Well, besides RScott hooking a striper, but that's another story...

Congrats on the Sunday fish

FM
    The tug is the drug!

"Grow a pear!" - Groundpounder

Comment

Thank you FM

Originally posted by fishmonger View Post
      Glad you enjoyed it, I think that is one of the funniest things I have ever seen. Well, besides RScott hooking a striper, but that's another story...

FM
      You speak of RScott hooking a striper??? Is this where his "Hooks aren't hooks" saying came from, lol???
      #JBNavy

"Everyday is a new life to a wise man."
      -Chinese Proverb

“At sunrise everything is luminous but not clear.”
      -Norman Maclean

"We are what we hunt."
      -PH

Comment

BTW, may need to pick your brain...

FM
        I found your thread for the M.A.G.S. fly. May need some info and if you have used them on a light...
        #JBNavy

"Everyday is a new life to a wise man."
        -Chinese Proverb

“At sunrise everything is luminous but not clear.”
        -Norman Maclean

"We are what we hunt."
        -PH

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLDgQg6bq7o

The short version: In general, fly fishing sucks after a release.

FM

HAHA! That's a good one.
          Hi my name is Charles and I'm a fishaholic.

Some days I'm the hook and some days I'm the fish.

Instagram @charles_the_toothsmith

Comment

Pretty awesome explanation, as I stated I know little about the natural history and biology of these fish, this river, etc, but will be doing research. Thanks.

caught a 14" bow today at settle's - the dam sucked today.

Comment

Don't know the reasons, but I have figured out the patterns. It's not something that can be taken advantage of without:

A). A motorized floating craft capable of making a 10 to 15 mile run upriver
              B). An intimate knowledge of how every stretch on the upper portion of the river acts at high water, and where that seam will take you (into a strainer or not)
              C). A large amount of effort in figuring out where the high water lies are.
              D). An excellent knowledge of how the dams generation schedule and cfs varies.
              E). A safety plan, and the ability to fix equipment you will inevitably beat to hell fishing this way
              F). A small side dish of deathwish

I probably ran from McGinnis up to back of Bowman about 60 times this summer. It was the best consistent numbers and size of browns I have ever encountered outside of the White. It's not as simple as just chucking on the fall though
              I like em big fat and sloppy.

Comment

FM
                Really - I thought is was 5 minutes of pure AWESOMENESS!

A lot of good info in this thread, but remember that trout often have other opinions. They do however have brains about the size of a pea and are very instinctual, modified by their environment and a million years of hard coded genetics - some days you can figure them out. As browniez points out - nothing beats time on the water, nothing.
                RScott

Support the Mission Statement - buy the TU License Plate!

Comment

Working...
                X