The Hooch in Helen: Round 2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Hooch in Helen: Round 2

Managed to get some fishing up in Helen this past Sunday and even decided to put some time in Splatek's shoes and try my hand in a smaller creek. I fished town for a little bit and then decided to hit that small stream, which turned out to be rather tough. Not having fished a small creek in a little bit of time I didn't do well and got several strikes and lost a fish or two, but other than that it was immensely difficult. The beautiful nature made for a nice experience nonetheless.

Fishing in town yielded great success with around 15 or so brought to the net, including a nice double which was a nice and fun surprise. I managed to land a nice 12 inch stocker that fought exceptionally well. After fooling many fish in town I traveled up the road to the WMA and brought out another 10 or so fish. I probably could have gotten into a whole lot more but it was about 4:30 or so and I decided it was about time to get started on that stack of homework I had put off. On a side note, I'd like to thank Mr. Vanderpool and Big T for teaching me how to Euro Nymph and how to properly fight fish.

Last edited by split shot; 07-15-17, 10:59 AM.

Nice double those are fun! Great report Ben.
    http://www.bigtflyfishing.com

[

Use Promo Code NGTO for 5% off

Comment

Well done brother
      I've still yet to get the elusive double

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

[QUOTE=splatek16;876945]Well done brother
        I've still yet to get the elusive double

It tends to happen at inconvenient times, like when you have 6.5x on and both fish go different directions

Comment

Splatek-

I think you could get a double by sneaking up to one of those wild trout plunge pools and scooping a couple up in that magic hat!

Comment

Working...
          X