Double Digit Days

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Double Digit Days

Met up with Blr_0719 today to do some swinging for a change. Rich and Dblebows showed up later. Was hoping Big T would show up but I think he changed his mind when I answered his question with the world "early". So we threw his bugger patterns in his absence. The water was clearer then I've seen it in the past 2 months and the fish where chasing. I'm talking I was hooking up on 4-5th hit per cast.

We all got into double digits it was a blast. Blr left a little earlier to go back to work but thats when the bite really turned on. All rainbows for me maybe too clear for browns. Got a couple 12-13 and one around 15.

Great Day. Been getting alot of mauled fish lately. Not from the hatchery but from heron attacks. Don't think I have to say where we where you can probably guess by how ugly the fish are. I threw a streamer pattern Blr suggested. It was a pain to tie and I gave up half way through but caught a few on it.

This one was the one that was 15ish...Doesn't look that great. (Richs photography skills) Not as nice as the one Dblebows got at the dam but still pretty fat I think that one had a would too. Also my photo skills are suberb since I'm usually not catching as much as them. I thought I might have lost him but Rich was their with the net. Thanks!

I was hoping for a little stain and rain but it looks like its going to hold up. Great day to get out.
    Last edited by GoutUnlimited; 08-04-17, 07:42 PM.
    We are the music-makers,
    And we are the dreamers of dreams,
    Wandering by lone sea-breakers
    And sitting by desolate streams;
    World losers and world forsakers,
    On whom the pale moon gleams.

You've been there to net plenty of fish for me lately so happy to return the favor! Another good day on the water with the fellas, I ended up with 20 trout to hand but lost quite a few others. Swung buggers for most of the day, then I nymphed for the last hour or so and picked up a few more on Walts and pheasant tails to round out the day.

Comment

When I got the run down from rich I was really envious of you guys.
      I'm hoping for a day like this tomorrow.
      Did you happen to get any of that rain in your area, Greg? We got a nice long shower over here. If y'all got half as much as we did then there should be a nice stain tomorrow.
      Fly tying instagram @erikclymore

Comment

Originally posted by erikclymore View Post
        When I got the run down from rich I was really envious of you guys.
        I'm hoping for a day like this tomorrow.
        Did you happen to get any of that rain in your area, Greg? We got a nice long shower over here. If y'all got half as much as we did then there should be a nice stain tomorrow.
        Not a single drop...did you have fun babysitting.
        We are the music-makers,

Comment

Jealous....my wife came in from out of town Thursday night so I decided it would be best to stick around. I did run up to the dam for a quickie and did ok even a handful on dry flies but they were small and lethargic. I was playing with new line on a 8.5 foot slow action 3 weight and it didn't even feel like I had a fish on. I was up near the boat ramp though.

Glad you guys had a good day. Truth is I don't want to share you with anyone else, let's go this week sometime.
          http://www.bigtflyfishing.com

[

Use Promo Code NGTO for 5% off

Comment

Looks like some of the bigger guys woke up after a left. Glad you guys got into them

Comment

Hey it was great running into you guys yesterday. You were right. The water started rising shortly after I left you guys. I had 27 to net total and was the best day on that stretch of the river to date for me. I got most of mine on the prince and walts.
              Hi my name is Charles and I'm a fishaholic.

Some days I'm the hook and some days I'm the fish.

Instagram @charles_the_toothsmith

Comment

I must say, it felt odd fishing solo.
                I had a feeling today would be slow after hearing how great yesterday was. I only picked up four swinging a bugger, and I had to work to get em. I finally quit being so stubborn and started nymphing for the last hour. I think I got four more and lost a few. Despite the low numbers it was great to get away from all the stresses of yesterday, and it was even better to find the lense from my glasses that I thought had fallen into the river when I wasn't wearing them. Apparently it had just fallen down into my waders.

I should've been nymphing all day today.
                I guess they were all tired from chasing yalls streamers yesterday!
                Fly tying instagram @erikclymore

Comment

Originally posted by ChaChung View Post
                  Hey it was great running into you guys yesterday. You were right. The water started rising shortly after I left you guys. I had 27 to net total and was the best day on that stretch of the river to date for me. I got most of mine on the prince and walts.

You too. Its been coming early lately.Thanks for the pericorinitis advice. Im jealous of how much water you actually covered.
                  We are the music-makers,

Comment

Working...
                  X