Lunch break at JB

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lunch break at JB

Ended up around Jones Bridge for a couple maintenance jobs. Had the ultra light in the truck so stopped to fish for an hour. Caught a couple browns and a bow. Also came across this tilapia? or something, I don't even know. Maybe someone does. Beautiful day, was a nice lunch break.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Nice fish. Sounds like a great lunch break.

But, I can tell you one thing, that tilapia will be dead soon. Curious how he made it this long though.
    @glennmau

Comment

Wasn't there a post about a bunch of dumped tilapia last year? Hoping that's not a holdover.

Comment

Nice work. Ryan and his brother found a bunch of tilaps at JB a few years. Someone keeps dumping them off in the river instead of my cooler. Probably some mad scientist trying to find a strain that will last in the waters.
        We are the music-makers,
        And we are the dreamers of dreams,
        Wandering by lone sea-breakers
        And sitting by desolate streams;
        World losers and world forsakers,
        On whom the pale moon gleams.

Comment

Originally posted by djangofly View Post
          Wasn't there a post about a bunch of dumped tilapia last year? Hoping that's not a holdover.
          I do remember that.

Think there would be more catches if theyíve been able to sustain though?
          @glennmau

Comment

He had to be dropped off this year, no way he’s gonna make it past the weekend with the temps.

Edit: this was my 69th post woohooo

Comment

Interesting. I caught a tilapia a while back at JB. He didn’t look like he was doing to well, though.
              Fly tying instagram @erikclymore

Comment

Originally posted by erikclymore View Post
                Interesting. I caught a tilapia a while back at JB. He didnít look like he was doing to well, though.
                That one looks like a corpse already lol

Comment

Glad to see you got a few to bite! I ate lunch at MB yesterday and walked around but didn't fish. Water was pretty dirty, looks like it worked to your advantage though!

Comment

I have heard of Talapia, but what the hell is a lunch break?
                    Message sent from your mom's bedroom during pillow talk

Buck Henry
                    Simple Goat Herder
                    Former NGTO President
                    Hall of Fame Member

Comment

Originally posted by WPrich View Post
                      That one looks like a corpse already lol
                      He had been dead awhile. He was just chilling at the bottom of the stream right above the island.
                      I actually didnít know it was a tilapia until I saw this post. I figured it was some sort of perch.

Comment

Originally posted by Jakkbauer View Post
                        Ended up around Jones Bridge for a couple maintenance jobs. Had the ultra light in the truck so stopped to fish for an hour. Caught a couple browns and a bow. Also came across this tilapia? or something, I don't even know. Maybe someone does. Beautiful day, was a nice lunch break.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                        Iím invious! Recently I was really gunning for a job with gwinnett parks and rec, but Athens contacted me first. Lunch time fishing breaks wouldíve been pretty sweet.

Comment

I thought Tilapia were vegetarians...I couldn't get them to bite anything down in SW FL park ponds.

Comment

Working...
                          X