Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DH is it happening?

I know the DH at Cochran especially has been crap the last couple of years
    but have they quit trying?Usually people are talking about bucket brigades etc.Maybe I missed a thread.

The only time a bucket brigade is needed is when White Water gets stocked. It usually happens the week of Thanksgiving.

The rest of the DH is stocked by stocking tubes and or the truck pulling river to the waters edge.

Iíll be putting up a thread for the bucket brigade in the next week or so.
    I am officially upgrading Gatorbyte from "fly in my ointment" to "thorn in my side". If he happens to elevate himself to "pain in my a$$" I'm gonna blame it on RScott.

Want to Help Ease DNR's Budget Woes? Buy a TU license Plate!

sigpic

Comment

How far upstream do they typically stock? Does Johnson Ferry ever see any fish?

Comment

excellent.lets hope for results like in the first several years

Comment

Originally posted by D_Killen View Post
          I believe the furthest north is Sope Creek. Keep in mind there are no fences in the river so they will and do migrate all the way to Morgan Falls Dam. Iíll doube check and confirm though.
          I am officially upgrading Gatorbyte from "fly in my ointment" to "thorn in my side". If he happens to elevate himself to "pain in my a$$" I'm gonna blame it on RScott.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by D_Killen View Post
            They do not stock up by JF, but I have caught trout above it in the following spring...accidental catch for sure
            RScott

Support the Mission Statement - buy the TU License Plate!

Comment

Cochrans

Are they going to stock in different location at Cochran, when they do stock, which seems rare, it is usually in one spot. Seems with walking trial it would be one of the easiest but when I seen them couple years ago they drove up and down the path and stopped at the same spot twice and no where else.

Comment

Originally posted by RScott View Post
                They do not stock up by JF, but I have caught trout above it in the following spring...accidental catch for sure
                Shocking but true, it happened in my boat in June a couple of years ago, I have a pic somewhere of Rscott with said trout. About 6 or 7 years ago I got an 18" Brown from right up at the discharge from the dam, that was also caught in June.

FM
                The tug is the drug!

"Grow a pear!" - Groundpounder

Comment

Originally posted by baldea View Post
                  I believe the furthest north is Sope Creek. Keep in mind there are no fences in the river so they will and do migrate all the way to Morgan Falls Dam. Iíll doube check and confirm though.
                  From what I can tell Sope Creek is only accessible by boat? Are you referring to the point where the creek meets the river?

Comment

Yes where Sope Creek enters the river. Some fish do swim up Sope Creek, but not in masses.

The DNR has areas that are accessible by the stocking truck all along the walking trail at Cochran and Paces. Usually the fish will hold in those areas for a few days then disburse wherever they want to go. Or if a good release/rain helps move them along

Since we are talking the DH, I stopped by Paces today after work and the stocker bashing has begun. Literally walked over fish within 10 feet of the ramp.

sigpic

Comment

DH fishing is like sitting a$$ at home waiting on 'guvment cheese. It don't even melt.
                      We are the music-makers,
                      And we are the dreamers of dreams,
                      Wandering by lone sea-breakers
                      And sitting by desolate streams;
                      World losers and world forsakers,
                      On whom the pale moon gleams.

Comment

Did they stock Cochran yet?
                        We are the music-makers,
                        And we are the dreamers of dreams,
                        Wandering by lone sea-breakers
                        And sitting by desolate streams;
                        World losers and world forsakers,
                        On whom the pale moon gleams.

Comment

Originally posted by GoutUnlimited View Post
                          Did they stock Cochran yet?
                          Paces was stocked, so Iíd imagine Cochran was also.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X