Paces Mill stocked yet?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paces Mill stocked yet?

I was planning on trying out Paces Mill on Friday. Is there a way to tell if its been stocked yet? If it hasn't been stocked yet, will there still be fish there? Thanks

Fish have been stocked at Paces. Plenty were caught today.
    I am officially upgrading Gatorbyte from "fly in my ointment" to "thorn in my side". If he happens to elevate himself to "pain in my a$$" I'm gonna blame it on RScott.

Want to Help Ease DNR's Budget Woes? Buy a TU license Plate!

sigpic

Comment

Thanks

Comment

I had a few hours after work so I hit paces and turned out to be a wise choice other than I forgot my flies so I had to cut off some hooks on my planter Martin. Started slow but ended with a half dozen and a bruiser of a BOW maybe 20” and fat. Thanks to the guy who took my pictures was too excited to get your name. There was about 10 people packed in but everyone was catching.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Managed this guy and a bow while waiting for traffic to die out. Troutin I think I saw you. I was waiting for a while to let some space clear up before heading downstream watching folks fish =) Nice catches!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

I was at the hatchery yesterday organizing FLING stuff and was talking to a few folks I know who do the stockings. Keep in mind the WHOLE DH has now been stocked multiple times already at different locations.

Don’t just Fish the easy access points. If you are not finding them now, just move upstr am or down stream until you do. They are in the river from north of Cochran to Paces.

Get out, have fun, be safe.

Fish this afternoon after the FLING!
            I am officially upgrading Gatorbyte from "fly in my ointment" to "thorn in my side". If he happens to elevate himself to "pain in my a$$" I'm gonna blame it on RScott.

sigpic

Comment

They definitely stocked some substantial fish again this year. I caught this guy yesterday afternoon before the crowd rolled in on a size 16 nymph. Nice kype on him. Still haven't mastered the fish pic yet as this angle does no justice.

Comment

So the brown trout in the photos above are not wild fish but stocked fish?

Comment

Originally posted by trout1980 View Post
                  So the brown trout in the photos above are not wild fish but stocked fish?

If they are caught from the Chattahoochee DH, then there is a 99% chance it was stocked.

sigpic

Comment

Thanks

I was under the impression brown trout from the river were/are wild.

Comment

Paces Mill stocked yet?

Originally posted by trout1980 View Post
                      Thanks

I was under the impression brown trout from the river were/are wild.
                      Upstream from Morgan Falls Dam then yes, they can be “wild” or river-born. Below the Dam, not so much. The water gets too warm to sustain a large trout population; brown, rainbow or brookieswhicharereallycharandyoucanlookitup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                      Last edited by Trout8myfly; 11-08-17, 02:57 PM.
                      "What's his offense?"
                      "Groping for trouts in a peculiar river."
                      ― William Shakespeare, Measure for Measure

Comment

Browns are not stocked above Morgan Falls. So those would be stream born although some will argue that they are decedents of stocked fish.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by baldea View Post
                          Browns are not stocked above Morgan Falls. So those would be stream born although some will argue that they are decedents of stocked fish.
                          Semantics at this point as the fish above are essentially turning into their own gene pool. The browns occurring from Morgan Falls to Buford Dam are also of a different strain than what is stocked for the DH. All the photos I have seen indicate some healthy looking fish so far gents!
                          #JBNavy

"Everyday is a new life to a wise man."
                          -Chinese Proverb

“At sunrise everything is luminous but not clear.”
                          -Norman Maclean

"We are what we hunt."
                          -PH

Comment

Originally posted by Philhutch80 View Post
                            Semantics at this point as the fish above are essentially turning into their own gene pool. The browns occurring from Morgan Falls to Buford Dam are also of a different strain than what is stocked for the DH. All the photos I have seen indicate some healthy looking fish so far gents!
                            The only reason they'd be a different strain is if the State of Georgia started importing different strains which I highly doubt.

sigpic

Comment

Thanks

looks like some nice browns are being stocked

Need to be big enough to avoid the stripers

Comment

Working...
                              X