Another slow fall day

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another slow fall day

Went out and had an incredibly slow day today. It seems to be the norm lately. For the life of me I couldnít get them to eat anything consistently. I was also having trouble keeping the rare few that actually bit on the hook, so it was an really frustrating day.
    After a couple uneventful hours I hooked into this guy and he immediately had my drag screaming. He fought incredibly hard for his size. I was really expecting something a little bigger when I finally netted him, but regardless he was absolutely beautiful and a much needed pick me up.

I got a little ahead of myself when I described him to some guys. He just barely breaking 14 1/2Ē.
    I also stumbled upon somebodyís ďbig boy toy fundĒ jar that they left at a trailhead in which some kind samaritan donated a bag of dog poop. People can be so sweet.
    Fly tying instagram @erikclymore

Nice fish!

PS: please figure out a way to resize your pics man! They are freaking huge!
    Message sent from your mom's bedroom during pillow talk

Buck Henry
    Simple Goat Herder
    Former NGTO President
    Hall of Fame Member

Comment

Nice fish!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Buck Henry View Post
        Nice fish!

X2 on the resize issue - use tapatalk and hit small.

Comment

That's a beautiful fish man!

Comment

Beautiful brown, its colors are so vibrant.

Comment

That brown sure makes up for a slow day of fishing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Sweet fish brah. I figured out why the water looks so clear. Because its shallow.
                Big boy made a duty!
                We are the music-makers,
                And we are the dreamers of dreams,
                Wandering by lone sea-breakers
                And sitting by desolate streams;
                World losers and world forsakers,
                On whom the pale moon gleams.

Comment

Great fish. I went out for a couple of hours on Fri and found it to be much slower than usual.
                  Hi my name is Charles and I'm a fishaholic.

Some days I'm the hook and some days I'm the fish.

Instagram @charles_the_toothsmith

Comment

Originally posted by ChaChung View Post
                    Great fish. I went out for a couple of hours on Fri and found it to be much slower than usual.
                    I actually figured Iíd run into you. I typically do when I make it over where I caught that brown.

Thanks guys, and Buck, Iím not sure what youíre seeing, but that is the smaller of the two options.
                    And man, fall foliage is really making the river sparkle right now.

Comment

erik,

That brown more than makes up for a slow day. Look at the coloration!!! What a beautiful fish. That fish right there would have made my day for sure! Congrats man!
                      Instagram: jkflyfish

Comment

folks - its all about one fish, any given day even on a private stream or the DH, just one fish. Nice brown Eric...
                        RScott

Support the Mission Statement - buy the TU License Plate!

Comment

Originally posted by Buck Henry View Post
                          Nice fish!

Woah! I guess the image site I use glitches. I think Iím seeing what you saw now. All of the sudden the picture is taking up the whole page. Iíll see what I can do about that, although I am about as technologically inclined as a chimpanzee.

Comment

Working...
                          X