Paces Today 11 Nov 17

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paces Today 11 Nov 17

Hi, it’s been a few years for me, however, I hit the river at sunrise with 12 others. Although a bit cold, it was beautiful. Saw one fish caught so a slow start on Veterans Day. Might come back later today. Sure enjoy this DH fishing in Georgia. Thanks DNR and NGTO.
    Sailor Joe

It was definitely slow out there. I only managed 2 small rainbows by changing flies frequently and covering a lot of water. Curious as to whether the bigger freshly stocked fish I caught a few weeks ago moved or were just not eating

Comment

Same thing for me yesterday after work. Didn’t catch any. Had maybe two bites in an hour and a half. Lot different from last weekend.

Comment

How is the water? Was pretty murky last weekend even though the fish didn't seem to mind.
        I know where they live, I know what they eat. Now it's time to fool them with thread, feathers and roadkill.

------Team Norvise------
        sigpic

Comment

Water conditions

Water was clear but not perfect. Temp was good and flow was steady and what I would call normal. For two days post water release from Buford Dam. I guess the learning curve for the fish is faster than what I remember from previous years.
          Sailor Joe

Comment

It was slow again this afternoon but was able to get one good size bow. She was 18” and had the start of a kype on her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I gave up on Cochran real quick and Paces wasn't much better for me today. That's a great fish and a good reminder they're out there

Comment

This crane tried to steal that fish. At one point was only a few feet from me while bringing her in. Would’ve been an interesting fight!

Comment

That’s a nice meaty fish there. Nice catch. And in pretty good shape. Most times they look all beat up.
                  @glennmau

Comment

Nice fish

Congrats on a nice fish. Glad your patience paid off for you and that you beat the bird to the catch.
                    Sailor Joe

Comment

Originally posted by GT1321 View Post
                      This crane tried to steal that fish. At one point was only a few feet from me while bringing her in. Would’ve been an interesting fight!

I think Scallen had a run in with a thieving heron there a few years ago. The one at JB used to give me fits. Had to make a few impromptu fencing moves with my net to keep him off a snit I'd landed one time.

Nice fish.

Comment

Paces Today 11/14

I decided to take along lunch and hit the water for about an hour 20 minutes in and land this one. Nice Fatty But nothing after that but this is the second large BOW in 2 weeks that I pulled out of Paces

Comment

Comment

Great Fish. Thought is might be a bit cloudy after yesterday’s water release. Good on you. Thanks, Joe
                            Sailor Joe

Comment

Great looking fish guys. Thank you for sharin'
                              "Something to think about: If you fish the wrong fly long and hard enough, it will sooner or later become the right fly."
                              ~John Gierach~

Trophies are relative

Comment

Working...
                              X