Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trophy Brown at JB

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Awesome fish OP and Happy Thanksgiving. Got out with my BIL this evening and caught about a 12” brown. Hope to snag a bigger one this weekend

    Comment


    • #17
      It's really all the mindset, and being cool with failing. My last 8 hours on the water I've had one bite, but it was quite worth it.
      I like em big fat and sloppy.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by vancheesey View Post
        Don't believe it...I'm salty AF...
        LOL, vancheesey, why you salty AF?!? You sent me a pic of a bigger fish a couple days ago from JB!!!
        #JBNavy

        "Everyday is a new life to a wise man."
        -Chinese Proverb

        “At sunrise everything is luminous but not clear.”
        -Norman Maclean

        "We are what we hunt."
        -PH

        Comment


        • #19
          Shhhh....I caught those...somewhere...else...funny thing, yesterday i paid a bunch of cash and went on a boat trip and caught better fish wading!


          Originally posted by Philhutch80 View Post
          LOL, vancheesey, why you salty AF?!? You sent me a pic of a bigger fish a couple days ago from JB!!!
          minimumexposure on IG

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by vancheesey View Post
            Shhhh....I caught those...somewhere...else...funny thing, yesterday i paid a bunch of cash and went on a boat trip and caught better fish wading!
            Only a few of those cash boat trips are worth it.

            There's a few of those guys on the river worth it. I respect Davie and John the most by far.

            When it comes down to it, if you are plugged into the big brown subculture, which you can't get to on the internet, only by being at ramps or shoals at early, late, in the most terrible conditions. You see WAY more of these things get caught than get thrown up here.

            Van I've seen you've caught some great ones lately!

            I'd be interested to have a 1 day derby between the big name guides and the ramp rats to see who does more damage.
            I like em big fat and sloppy.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by browniez View Post
              Only a few of those cash boat trips are worth it.

              There's a few of those guys on the river worth it. I respect Davie and John the most by far.

              When it comes down to it, if you are plugged into the big brown subculture, which you can't get to on the internet, only by being at ramps or shoals at early, late, in the most terrible conditions. You see WAY more of these things get caught than get thrown up here.

              Van I've seen you've caught some great ones lately!

              I'd be interested to have a 1 day derby between the big name guides and the ramp rats to see who does more damage.
              ^^^^^ THIS RIGHT HERE!!! This would separate the wheat from the chaff on the river for sure. And yes, there are a lot more good fish from the Hooch that do not make it onto the forum these days. Understandable given fishermen natural propensity.
              #JBNavy

              "Everyday is a new life to a wise man."
              -Chinese Proverb

              “At sunrise everything is luminous but not clear.”
              -Norman Maclean

              "We are what we hunt."
              -PH

              Comment


              • #22
                If that fish didn't get him "hooked" on fly fishing, idk what will.
                Check out my personal Facebook page Tight Lines Joe of North Georgia and my Instagram Page Tightlinesjoe where I give tips on different tactics, stream reports and pictures of Georgia trout!

                Team Georgia Competitive Fly Fishing Team now has a Facebook Page and an Instagram Page . Check them out for great information, pictures and events!

                New to fly fishing? Check out Monthlyfly.com For localized Match The Hatch Flies mailed to your door!

                Comment

                Working...
                X