Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trophy Brown at JB

What's up fellas,

I'm back in town from school and finally have had some time to get out on the water. I've fished JB 3 times since last Friday and the fishing has been incredible. Girdle bugs and soft hackles have been the ticket consistently while a dry dropper with a small emerger kills em in the slower pocket water. I had an awesome time today showing my buddy that's new to fly fishing around JB. He had landed several bows as the day was coming to an end and I decided to do a quick, last minute fly change. We were in a hole that literally every single person on the water that day had fished when my buddy "got snagged". This is the biggest brown I've seen pulled out of JB in a long time. He was released unharmed and lives to grow another day. I hope everyone enjoys the holiday and a great weekend of football.

Dawgs-35
    Tech-7
    Attached Files

Great fish!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Great fish! Especially at JB!

I knew they were out there. I had one break my 5x tippet off a couple of weeks ago right around that island... I was so surprised...

Congratulations!
      Hi my name is Charles and I'm a fishaholic.

Some days I'm the hook and some days I'm the fish.

Instagram @charles_the_toothsmith

Comment

Nice brownie, I may have to give JB another shot soon

Comment

That's not fair! I worked that spot with BA streamers before you guys came, then went up and way down. I believe I spoke with you for a few. STill fun catching all those baby browns dry droppin.
          We are the music-makers,
          And we are the dreamers of dreams,
          Wandering by lone sea-breakers
          And sitting by desolate streams;
          World losers and world forsakers,
          On whom the pale moon gleams.

Comment

Nice job, it's that time of year when you can get a good one coming off the spawn trying to restock the energy reserves.
            I like em big fat and sloppy.

Comment

Way to keep a secret dude
              minimumexposure on IG

Comment

Originally posted by GoutUnlimited View Post
                That's not fair! I worked that spot with BA streamers before you guys came, then went up and way down. I believe I spoke with you for a few. STill fun catching all those baby browns dry droppin.
                Yea that was us! I hope you finished the day strong. Catching baby browns can never get old

Comment

Originally posted by vancheesey View Post
                  Way to keep a secret dude
                  There’s nothing secret about any part of the hooch man. I’m happy to share my experience so that others may be able to do the same. I’m hoping the general saltiness of your post has something to do with my UGA/GT score prediction for the weekend. Happy Thanksgiving
                  Last edited by SquatchyWater; 11-23-17, 03:29 AM.

Comment

Congratulations to you and your friend.
                    Iím not sure if I love or hate posts like this where someone pulls such a nice fish out of such heavily fished waters. On one hand I think itís awesome that these guys could be lurking everywhere, but a little piece of me hates you for catching a fish Iíve drifted by countless times!
                    Fly tying instagram @erikclymore

Comment

Originally posted by SquatchyWater View Post
                      What's up fellas,

I'm back in town from school and finally have had some time to get out on the water. I've fished JB 3 times since last Friday and the fishing has been incredible. Girdle bugs and soft hackles have been the ticket consistently while a dry dropper with a small emerger kills em in the slower pocket water. I had an awesome time today showing my buddy that's new to fly fishing around JB. He had landed several bows as the day was coming to an end and I decided to do a quick, last minute fly change. We were in a hole that literally every single person on the water that day had fished when my buddy "got snagged". This is the biggest brown I've seen pulled out of JB in a long time. He was released unharmed and lives to grow another day. I hope everyone enjoys the holiday and a great weekend of football.

Dawgs-35
                      Tech-7
                      Nice looking fish! Did you get a measurement?
                      #JBNavy

"Everyday is a new life to a wise man."
                      -Chinese Proverb

ďAt sunrise everything is luminous but not clear.Ē
                      -Norman Maclean

"We are what we hunt."
                      -PH

Comment

Fantastic!

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!

Comment

Nice job happy thanksgiving!

Simmer down everyone. If you put in the work in any stretch of the river you can and will get one. They're literally everywhere.
                          I like em big fat and sloppy.

Comment

Don't think Vance meant anything salty hes a pretty humble dude. In fact, hes been texting me pics of Trophy browns in various parts of the hooch recently. I met squachy hes a really nice guy and he was out with two buddies that are pretty new to flyfishing. He was fixing knots, tying on flys, and telling them where to cast. Pretty impressive feat to put a newb on a fish like that especially in the hooch in such a heavy traffic area. Meanwhile, I'll be out at IF where the really YUUGGGE brown are.

Happy Holidays everyone,
                            GU.
                            We are the music-makers,
                            And we are the dreamers of dreams,
                            Wandering by lone sea-breakers
                            And sitting by desolate streams;
                            World losers and world forsakers,
                            On whom the pale moon gleams.

Comment

Don't believe it...I'm salty AF...

Originally posted by GoutUnlimited View Post
                              Don't think Vance meant anything salty hes a pretty humble dude. In fact, hes been texting me pics of Trophy browns in various parts of the hooch recently. I met squachy hes a really nice guy and he was out with two buddies that are pretty new to flyfishing. He was fixing knots, tying on flys, and telling them where to cast. Pretty impressive feat to put a newb on a fish like that especially in the hooch in such a heavy traffic area. Meanwhile, I'll be out at IF where the really YUUGGGE brown are.

Happy Holidays everyone,
                              GU.
                              minimumexposure on IG

Comment

Working...
                              X