Settles for the first time on Sat.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by I_got_skunked View Post
    Thermal "pollution" = thermal restoration.
    Originally posted by troutbum69 View Post
    This guy gets it^
    Save the carp!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    In theory yeah if it was a non dammed river thermal pollution= thermal restoration. But there is no restoration going on and the river is still dammed and it is still a bottom release style dam which means it is an artificial fishery basically throwing your arguments out. But as troutbum69 said, save the carp! They do not do well with siltation as well.
    #JBNavy

"Everyday is a new life to a wise man."
    -Chinese Proverb

“At sunrise everything is luminous but not clear.”
    -Norman Maclean

"We are what we hunt."
    -PH

Comment

Originally posted by Philhutch80 View Post
      In theory yeah if it was a non dammed river thermal pollution= thermal restoration. But there is no restoration going on and the river is still dammed and it is still a bottom release style dam which means it is an artificial fishery basically throwing your arguments out. But as troutbum69 said, save the carp! They do not do well with siltation as well.
      The dam gives us an opportunity to restore the natural state through increased industry and jobs. Are you a communist that hates jobs?
      -skunked

Warning: all posts should be assumed to contain sarcasm and misinformation unless stated otherwise. The opinions shared are not necessarily those of the poster.

Comment

Originally posted by I_got_skunked View Post
        Thermal "pollution" = thermal restoration.
        Does it, though? Or does it just leave degraded trout habitat without actually producing the kind of temperature profile conducive to a warm water fishery?

Comment

Originally posted by Dylar View Post
          Does it, though? Or does it just leave degraded trout habitat without actually producing the kind of temperature profile conducive to a warm water fishery?
          More concrete and factories, more jobs, less invasive species. This is a no brainer for conservation. The dam is our pollution, but we get to counter it with the things we would normally consider bad. What an opportunity!!! Save the carp!!
          -skunked

Warning: all posts should be assumed to contain sarcasm and misinformation unless stated otherwise. The opinions shared are not necessarily those of the poster.

Comment

Carp are just as sacred as brown trout are. Being that they're native to Europe, not north aneroca

"I don't hate trout fishing, just the people who trout fish."
            -Our friend Nam, but secretly Ret

"Stop Whining"

Comment

North America*

In my opinion y'all are all blaming the dam but I think it's the lack of water flowing underneath it that's the issue. If there were no dam and the same development riverside then it'd be bass with gills full of sand instead of trout. Either way the dam isn't going anywhere. Best case, get them to send more water down(please Supreme Court do us right) and protect the riparian zones. But you're never going to have the fishery that we used to have below Morgan falls. Those days are gone and it wasn't a natural fishery so lamenting it in the lens of "conservation" seems silly to me. Stop buying nymphing rods and drive to LA a few times a year to catch reds. You'll be thankful to have the few fisheries concerns that we have here in Ga.

"Stop Whining"

Comment

Save the carp!

After much analysis on Google Images I have realized that I was indeed speaking on behalf of the noble Creek Chub instead of the Brown Trout. They sure do look similar. Either way I can't be wrong no matter what anyone says and my word is absolute law. Nor will I even give an inch to any hypotheticals or lacking evidence I might have as I have seen it all within this Earth.

Save the Creek Chub!

Comment

Originally posted by Sighter View Post
                  After much analysis on Google Images I have realized that I was indeed speaking on behalf of the noble Creek Chub instead of the Brown Trout. They sure do look similar. Either way I can't be wrong no matter what anyone says and my word is absolute law. Nor will I even give an inch to any hypotheticals or lacking evidence I might have as I have seen it all within this Earth.

Save the Creek Chub!

Now where do horny heads fall into all this?

"Stop Whining"

Comment

Now where do horny heads fall into all this?

Charles caught the biggest horny head I've seen at Raven's Fork. I think he feels a little more strongly for them than me haha.

Comment

Originally posted by Sighter View Post
                      Charles caught the biggest horny head I've seen at Raven's Fork. I think he feels a little more strongly for them than me haha.
                      Yes. I had the personal pleasure of beholding this beauty (or beast) last summer.

Hi my name is Charles and I'm a fishaholic.

Some days I'm the hook and some days I'm the fish.

Instagram @charles_the_toothsmith

Comment

I like to count the horn on them like a deer and score them. That one is a trophy chub for sure.
                        http://www.bigtflyfishing.com

Use Promo Code NGTO for 5% off

Comment

Good so we're all in agreement! I'll order up some of that gsmnp poison and we'll wipe the Browns off the upper hooch

"Stop Whining"

Comment

Good so we're all in agreement! I'll order up some of that gsmnp poison and we'll wipe the Browns off the upper hooch

Naturally occurring in jicama seeds, bray. Brew your own.

Comment

Working...
                            X