Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Textbook

Wow, what a evening on the river.

Been reading a lot of good reports from a bunch of people on here. Seems like the fishing has been getting much better. Some quality browns being pulled in, too.

After morning errands and painting a room in the house, I was pretty indecisive about going out. My girlfriend pushed me through. I am thanking her now. shoot, even she said this morning how it seemed like a great day to be fishing. She knows how excited I get about cloudy and rainy days.

Got out there about 230. Weather was dreary/perfect. About 20 mins in, I nabbed a bow sitting tight to a rock. Another 10ish after that, got the first little chunky well fed bow. Looks wild.

After that, it was on. I was dialed in, fish were taking both my flies on my 2 nymph rig. I must have pulled about 4 fish out of the same run.

Nearby, this brown nailed my smaller fly of the 2. Had a good amount of line out so I kept him pinned and in the meantime he took two nice jumps. They go up, rod tip down. Great to land it.

One of the last was this larger than average bow. I was super shocked. A nice holdover. They sure don't fight like the browns. Like pulling in a wet sock.

I think I ended up with 9 fish. One of my best days by far. Felt like everything you constantly practice, on the good days and bad, paid off. The hooch can be a tough fishery sometimes. But it gives back if you're persistent.

Note: Dry paint still on the fingers.

Go get 'em!

@glennmau

Well done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice job Glen. Those black stones are finally starting to bite. I got snagged last time out on a big branch and 4-5 stones on it one about 3" big. Still can't get over how you look the same in each picture. You should save all those pics, and do one of those time progressions in a few years.
      We are the music-makers,
      And we are the dreamers of dreams,
      Wandering by lone sea-breakers
      And sitting by desolate streams;
      World losers and world forsakers,
      On whom the pale moon gleams.

Comment

Outstanding!!
        THEY TRIED TO BURY US BUT THEY DID NOT KNOW WE WERE SEEDS

Comment

Good stuff Glenn. Man I wish I could've hit the water yesterday.
          Hi my name is Charles and I'm a fishaholic.

Some days I'm the hook and some days I'm the fish.

Instagram @charles_the_toothsmith

Comment

Sounds like a great day nice report and good looking fish.
            http://www.bigtflyfishing.com

Use Promo Code NGTO for 5% off

Comment

Nice day of fishing
              Sailor Joe

Comment

When a fishing plan/day works out, doesn't get better than that. Thanks for sharing gau!

Comment

Working...
                X