Fishing after a release?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fishing after a release?

Want to hit the dam tomorrow but it looks like from the generation website they are going to release heavier than they normally do from 7-8am. If I get to the dam at 8 do you think it will be blown out?

I know the best fishing is supposed to be on the rise but what has your experience been directly after a heavy release?

The dam never ‘blows out’. There is just not enough silt to do so. Give it 15-20 mins after the release and it will be fine right by the Dam. 30-40 mins farther south.

Comment

Better figure out how to keep ice from clogging your guides and freezing your reel. I fished this morning and had to hand line a fish in due to frozen guides. Tomorrow is a lot colder.
      http://www.bigtflyfishing.com

Use Promo Code NGTO for 5% off

Comment

Originally posted by Big T View Post
        Better figure out how to keep ice from clogging your guides and freezing your reel. I fished this morning and had to hand line a fish in due to frozen guides. Tomorrow is a lot colder.
        Truer words have never been spoken.

Comment

Yep. Ice in my guides and reel locked up twice. Good thing I suck at fishing. On caught one decent bow about 6 feet from me. I sprung for those Kast waterproof gloves- once there is water in them- they water doesn’t come out. Lesson learned on making sure the strap is Velcro’d

Comment

Working...
          X