Butter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Butter

Caught a nice brownie wading yesterday, thanks for the advice on gloves, Iím got fingerless with mitten gloves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stunning

Comment

That's a good one, Bob.

I've experimented with a variety of dungeons, in double and triple, but I've never done well on black. In fact, I'd venture to say black along with Galloups "natural", which is sort of a grey and brown, are the least productive for me.

Do you commit to throwing dark on bright days and light on dark days?

Comment

I've thrown black on rainy and blue bird days with nothing to show. Olive sex dungeons have done okay and I found a bunch of brown trout patterns I tied that I've yet to try. I'm thinking those will kill it

"I don't hate trout fishing, just the people who trout fish."
        -Our friend Nam, but secretly Ret

"Stop Whining"

Comment

Iíve had good luck throwing the smaller sex dungeons, that dungeon in the browns mouth isnít black, another dark color! Iím really liking the SA titan sonar sink line, unfortunately, wading is tough with the line sinking all around me. Stained or slightly stained waters I tend to use the darker colors. Find the rocks, trenches, shelfís, logs, blowdowns and make that streamer dance under water.

Comment

In my experience they like bottom changes. It's making me pretty mad cause there will be perfect drop off right after perfect cut under a blow down and they'll be hanging where the gravel turns to sand or whatever the situation is

"I don't hate trout fishing, just the people who trout fish."
            -Our friend Nam, but secretly Ret

"Stop Whining"

Comment

Great fish on the streamer!
              "Releasing a fish is that much sweeter, letting go of the ephemeral back into the void, to return to where it, and our dreams, can grow." - Jason Tucker

Instagram @_big_wurm

Comment

Originally posted by troutbum69 View Post
                In my experience they like bottom changes. It's making me pretty mad cause there will be perfect drop off right after perfect cut under a blow down and they'll be hanging where the gravel turns to sand or whatever the situation is

Trout love gravel, in particular. On the dark edge of a gravel bar is a prime spot in everything from tailwaters to high mountain trickles.

Comment

Absolutely beautiful fish.

Comment

Originally posted by Beanes View Post
                    Caught a nice brownie wading yesterday, thanks for the advice on gloves, Iím got fingerless with mitten gloves.

Bob, Gout and I went out sunday on the high water. Pretty day out and got two quality fish! First was a 16" bow that looks to be streamborn as it has some nice white tipped fins and a really colorful pink stripe. It was also quite thick for a fish it's size so it has been workin' to turn into that elusive 20" bow we keep searching for!

The next fish was a really quality 18" class fish that came out of an area where I felt I had buggered up my cast. Slammed the crap outta my offering too! Thanks for the net job Greg!

Good to see these fish starting out the year!
                    #JBNavy

"Everyday is a new life to a wise man."
                    -Chinese Proverb

ďAt sunrise everything is luminous but not clear.Ē
                    -Norman Maclean

"We are what we hunt."
                    -PH

Comment

Originally posted by Philhutch80 View Post
                      Bob, Gout and I went out sunday on the high water. Pretty day out and got two quality fish! First was a 16" bow that looks to be streamborn as it has some nice white tipped fins and a really colorful pink stripe. It was also quite thick for a fish it's size so it has been workin' to turn into that elusive 20" bow we keep searching for!

The next fish was a really quality 18" class fish that came out of an area where I felt I had buggered up my cast. Slammed the crap outta my offering too! Thanks for the net job Greg!

Good to see these fish starting out the year!
                      Thanks for the float Phil! That rainbow was gorgeous.

Que Bella Bob! Phil and I where talking about you and black dungeons on the float. Sending psychic vibrations down river towards you.

I had some unpleasant floats before but nice to get out with someone who knows what they're doing and I had a blast. Unbuttoned few and had a few chase but still had a good time watching Phil getting it done and learned a couple things.

There is a visual appeal fishing from a boat above the river as you can usually see the strikes and follows. I did get queasy a few times but it was from Phil's beet juice odors.
                      Last edited by GoutUnlimited; 01-08-18, 06:53 PM.
                      We are the music-makers,
                      And we are the dreamers of dreams,
                      Wandering by lone sea-breakers
                      And sitting by desolate streams;
                      World losers and world forsakers,
                      On whom the pale moon gleams.

Comment

Originally posted by GoutUnlimited View Post
                        Thanks for the float Phil! That rainbow was gorgeous.

Que Bella Bob! Phil and I where talking about you and black dungeons on the float. Sending psychic vibrations down river towards you.

I had some unpleasant floats before but nice to get out with someone who knows what they're doing and I had a blast. Unbuttoned few and had a few chase but still had a good time watching Phil getting it done and learned a couple things.

There is a visual appeal fishing from a boat above the river as you can usually see the strikes and follows. I did get queasy a few times but it was from Phil's beet juice odors.
                        Yeah I threw a black dungeon Bob but I looked at your picture and see that your fly is purple. Greg we can do that again soon, glad you had a good time. Here is another pic of the rainbow for your viewing please-ure(said aloud).

#JBNavy

"Everyday is a new life to a wise man."
                        -Chinese Proverb

ďAt sunrise everything is luminous but not clear.Ē
                        -Norman Maclean

"We are what we hunt."
                        -PH

Comment

Beautiful fish! Great pictures too!
                          Hi my name is Charles and I'm a fishaholic.

Some days I'm the hook and some days I'm the fish.

Instagram @charles_the_toothsmith

Comment

Working...
                          X