Jonsey Bridge is Falling Down.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jonsey Bridge is Falling Down.

Just witnessed the bridge collapse about hour and a half ago. will post pics later, need to go to sams club.
    We are the music-makers,
    And we are the dreamers of dreams,
    Wandering by lone sea-breakers
    And sitting by desolate streams;
    World losers and world forsakers,
    On whom the pale moon gleams.

Message sent from your mom's bedroom during pillow talk

Buck Henry
    Simple Goat Herder
    Former NGTO President
    Hall of Fame Member

Comment

Well I didn't like driving over bridges before! Now I guess O will never get to go anywhere. Thanks Buck

Comment

About 1230 after relacing the boots, keep hearing these loud noises. Sounds like jets flying overhead real low. Keep hearing it in intervals for about 30 secs. Where are the jets? WW3? Chucky Shumer shuts down the gumment again? Look up no jets.

Hear this splashing sound to my right thinking "Oh no! Water landing!", look over and JB is about 1/4 lower in the water. Then in slow motion its proceeds to collapse the rest of the way. Realized the loud jet sounds was the sound of the frame.

There where two guys fishing above me about 50 yard one of them said one of the diagonal cross sections looked loosey goosey. There where also some geese near the bridge that may have been the culprits.

Went up to take a few pics just in time for my camera to die. Then the water started coming up. Fished a few minutes longer and got 2 very small bows. Think TIC did another fingerling stocking recently. Nice day on the reever.

We are the music-makers,

Comment

Wow! Kind of thought you were kidding. I always wondered why they left those old bridges up. Figured it was about money.
          Message sent from your mom's bedroom during pillow talk

Buck Henry
          Simple Goat Herder
          Former NGTO President
          Hall of Fame Member

Comment

Totally thought you were kidding;
            WTH!?

Comment

Originally posted by Buck Henry View Post
              Wow! Kind of thought you were kidding. I always wondered why they left those old bridges up. Figured it was about money.
              I’m sure they’ll scrap it to build some shkvals B.H.
              We are the music-makers,

Comment

Guess it was a matter of time. At least it happened this time of year. Could've been disastrous in the summer.

Comment

It is indeed down...gout in the area when the bridge collapses...coincidence? I think not...
                  minimumexposure on IG

Comment

Before Pic

Here is a before pic and background on the bridge. I don't remember the pier at he end or the bridge. The house @CCOS view will continue to improve.

http://historicbridges.org/bridges/b...georgia/jones/

Interesting obstacle for tubers... Although that section of JB receives less traffic.
                    Last edited by Uncle Fun; 01-25-18, 04:27 PM. Reason: Link

Comment

Originally posted by GT1321 View Post
                      Guess it was a matter of time. At least it happened this time of year. Could've been disastrous in the summer.
                      This is true. I'm surprised its taken this long. I noticed after those storms and flooding we had in '15 it got really bad and started to lean more and even worse last year, can't find the thread now. They did take off the climbing access a few years back but I'm glad I got to do it when it was up. SB is a cake walk compared to JB.

Originally posted by splatek16 View Post
                      Totally thought you were kidding;
                      WTH!?
                      Maybe they'll take notice round your way and you can finally fish in peace.

Originally posted by vancheesey View Post
                      It is indeed down...gout in the area when the bridge collapses...coincidence? I think not...
                      No such thing as coincidences. You think that tree across the way just fell on it own? Those Buddhists should have thought twice before slinging lead at me. Now they'll never be able to cast across towards the Pylons. Oh, rats! They'll just climb atop the bridge like they did the tree!

Bitter sweet really, maybe the new underwater structure will produce some effervescence and aquatic biomass.
                      We are the music-makers,

Comment

Good photos, Gout! Wish you had some video of it collapsing, but I guess we can't have everything.

Glad you weren't standing under it when it came down.
                        If you have difficulty understanding the post above, read it out loud and it should make sense. This NGTO member is known for his poor hill-billy upbringing and his affinity for all things from Louisiana (particularly if it relates to LSU). It makes for a poor mix of accents and much difficulty in translation. He was doing well for so long, but now seems to have regressed.

Comment

Originally posted by Swamp Angel View Post
                          Good photos, Gout! Wish you had some video of it collapsing, but I guess we can't have everything.

Glad you weren't standing under it when it came down.
                          Swampy you know good and well Gout was trying to climb up to spot fish he could cast too!
                          #JBNavy

"Everyday is a new life to a wise man."
                          -Chinese Proverb

“At sunrise everything is luminous but not clear.”
                          -Norman Maclean

"We are what we hunt."
                          -PH

Comment

Originally posted by Philhutch80 View Post
                            Swampy you know good and well Gout was trying to climb up to spot fish he could cast too!

You're not supposed to let everyone else know that!
                            If you have difficulty understanding the post above, read it out loud and it should make sense. This NGTO member is known for his poor hill-billy upbringing and his affinity for all things from Louisiana (particularly if it relates to LSU). It makes for a poor mix of accents and much difficulty in translation. He was doing well for so long, but now seems to have regressed.

Comment

Originally posted by GoutUnlimited View Post

Bitter sweet really, maybe the new underwater structure will produce some effervescence and aquatic biomass.
                              No doubt it will. When are you taking Settles down?
                              http://www.bigtflyfishing.com

Use Promo Code NGTO for 5% off

Comment

Working...
                              X