IF 1/26

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IF 1/26

Hit IF today for 4 hrs. The water was crystal clear as there was no release today. I tried midges, BHHE, Green weenies, Prince Nymphs, soft hackles, and nothing. I was getting plenty of bottom moss but no takes. I fished the upper and lower 320 shoal across to the island and the back side of the island from the down stream end to the top end. I talked to a spin fisherman who was having the same bad luck. Maybe next time.

Beats sitting at work which is what I'm doing right now.

Comment

The fish have definitely moved far away from their usual spots. I suspect there is some deep water somewhere where they are just stacked up. Now if I could just find that water. I am hoping when the water temps get back into the 50's consistently they will be easier to locate.

Comment

Originally posted by Bboyd View Post
        Hit IF today for 4 hrs. The water was crystal clear as there was no release today. I tried midges, BHHE, Green weenies, Prince Nymphs, soft hackles, and nothing. I was getting plenty of bottom moss but no takes. I fished the upper and lower 320 shoal across to the island and the back side of the island from the down stream end to the top end. I talked to a spin fisherman who was having the same bad luck. Maybe next time.
        Basically same day I had until the sun started going down but wasn’t able to land any nonethemore. Richard had some secret midges. I saw all the flys on his patch he went through probably at least 25-30.
        We are the music-makers,
        And we are the dreamers of dreams,
        Wandering by lone sea-breakers
        And sitting by desolate streams;
        World losers and world forsakers,
        On whom the pale moon gleams.

Comment

Originally posted by GoutUnlimited View Post
          Basically same day I had until the sun started going down but wasn’t able to land any nonethemore. Richard had some secret midges. I saw all the flys on his patch he went through probably at least 25-30.
          Yea I went through alot of flies and didn't have much to show for it, landed 4 fish but did have quite a few misses and breakoffs so they are there.

Comment

Working...
          X