I feel violated

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I feel violated

Got out after the big release this am. Caught consistent fish on a red or brown midge sizes 18 & 20. Caught the pictured bow and he proceeded to violate my hand and waders with his ‘stuff’. Never had one do that before. Can someone comment on this and do you think they are actually reproducing?
    Last edited by TroutRaider; 07-02-18, 09:39 PM.

I've had a few larger (brood) stocked fish try to get frisky with me before. I always thought it was because they spent their entire hatchery life with two functions: grow and reproduce, and the excitement of seeing a human got the juices flowing. Again, I've only seen this with larger fish ( in NC, not GA waters), and I really don't know why, but sure can speculate.
    IG: @sham_douglas1

Comment

As a matter of fact, a year ago yesterday at paces I experienced the same thing except I remember it primarily being with recently stocked brown trout. I don't remember if any of the rainbows I caught that day did.
      -skunked

Warning: all posts should be assumed to contain sarcasm and misinformation unless stated otherwise. The opinions shared are not necessarily those of the poster.

Comment

Super Bowl Sunday

I caught three browns on the upper tailwaters going towards the dam. The first one was the biggest and 14" in spawning colors and he shot milt EVERYWHERE when I got him out of the net. Seems a bit odd that a streamborn fish would still be in spawning mode in February.
        #JBNavy

"Everyday is a new life to a wise man."
        -Chinese Proverb

“At sunrise everything is luminous but not clear.”
        -Norman Maclean

"We are what we hunt."
        -PH

Comment

The numbers and placement of the spots on this bow seemed to me that it was a holdover or a stream-born bow. But I am not a biologist, I just play one on TV.

Comment

Ah good old milt. Ain't lived till a trout has attempted to paint you with love juice.

Was the fish in question caught anywhere in relation to a creek? They definitely reproduce in the hooch, but not in the main branch, the secondary streams.
            I like em big fat and sloppy.

Comment

We are the music-makers,
              And we are the dreamers of dreams,
              Wandering by lone sea-breakers
              And sitting by desolate streams;
              World losers and world forsakers,
              On whom the pale moon gleams.

Comment

I've had that happen quite a number of times. I remember one day at Smith Creek DH years ago where that happened twice, and I caught females that just shook out eggs the moment I touched them all in the very same day. All browns I think.
                I never usually fish it until Dec or Jan, which is late for the spawn. I was wondering if the social stress of the raceways, or the stress of being stocked created some sort of delay in reproduction. That year on a different trip I watched browns executing spawning behavior in the creek in Dec or Jan also. Somewhat strange!

Comment

Originally posted by browniez View Post
                  Ah good old milt. Ain't lived till a trout has attempted to paint you with love juice.

Was the fish in question caught anywhere in relation to a creek? They definitely reproduce in the hooch, but not in the main branch, the secondary streams.
                  It was about 50 yds down from Haw Creek. So not really close.

Comment

#metoo

Comment

Happens all the time in May, fishing bream beds...
                      BE DIFFERENT AND MAKE A DIFFERENCE! <

Exodus 29:18
                      Then burn the entire ram on the altar. It is a burnt offering to the LORD, a pleasing aroma, a food offering presented to the LORD. God loves BBQ!

Comment

Originally posted by fishnpreacher View Post
                        Happens all the time in May, fishing bream beds...
                        In some circles bull bluegill are referred to as "Black Pissers."
                        Want to hear God laugh? Tell Him your plans.

Comment

For bows I have seen this happen December through May.
                          Check out my personal Facebook page Tight Lines Joe of North Georgia and my Instagram Page Tightlinesjoe where I give tips on different tactics, stream reports and pictures of Georgia trout!

Team Georgia Competitive Fly Fishing Team now has a Facebook Page and an Instagram Page . Check them out for great information, pictures and events!

New to fly fishing? Check out Monthlyfly.com For localized Match The Hatch Flies mailed to your door!

Comment

Clearly you've never fished for bream in the spring with a friend with a "firm" grip

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            "I don't hate trout fishing, just the people who trout fish."
                            -Our friend Nam, but secretly Ret

"Stop Whining"

Comment

Originally posted by JerryG View Post
                              #metoo

I lol'd

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              "I don't hate trout fishing, just the people who trout fish."
                              -Our friend Nam, but secretly Ret

"Stop Whining"

Comment

Working...
                              X