Science

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Science

So, there was some cool science starting over on that DH thread but I guess it's been taken down. Not sure the real reason, because I thought the info being shared on there was really informative. So I'm dropping this one here in hopes it'll continue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is a shame that thread was shut down when really important knowledge was being shared and that was trumped because of 'uneasiness'. That is just unnecessary because there are more people on this forum that want to learn and educate themselves to be better fishermen. Thank you for continuing the knowledge sharing. Knowledge is power.
    #JBNavy

"Everyday is a new life to a wise man."
    -Chinese Proverb

“At sunrise everything is luminous but not clear.”
    -Norman Maclean

"We are what we hunt."
    -PH

Comment

why was it shut down?

Comment

Originally posted by cristallo86 View Post
        why was it shut down?
        Does not matter at this point. Always forward....

Since North Carolina is one of our northern neighbors, I found an interesting article talking about trout densities per acre in their streams. Good info and good read!

http://www.journalpatriot.com/opinio...9bb30f31a.html

I would be curious to know if the densities in Georgia are similar in the Chattahoochee or Toccoa which are tailwaters vs say the Chatooga.
        #JBNavy

-Chinese Proverb

-Norman Maclean

"We are what we hunt."
        -PH

Comment

Originally posted by cristallo86 View Post
          why was it shut down?
          A user started posting pictures of cheerleaders as a good "end" to the thread. A few posts were deleted before it was locked. Nothing important really.

Comment

Originally posted by Lumis View Post
            A user started posting pictures of cheerleaders as a good "end" to the thread. A few posts were deleted before it was locked. Nothing important really.
            That "user" was me and you are welcome! Actually, the thread had diverted so far from the original topic that the OP asked that it be shut down. Sensing it's ultimate demise, I thought it was time to break out the "big guns" and end on a high note.

Hey, this thread titled Science should have some pretty broad leeway I would think. Bodacious mammary glands are scientific, let's talk about those.
            Message sent from your mom's bedroom during pillow talk

Buck Henry
            Simple Goat Herder
            Former NGTO President
            Hall of Fame Member

Comment

Originally posted by Buck Henry View Post
              That "user" was me and you are welcome! Actually, the thread had diverted so far from the original topic that the OP asked that it be shut down. Sensing it's ultimate demise, I thought it was time to break out the "big guns" and end on a high note.

Hey, this thread titled Science should have some pretty broad leeway I would think. Bodacious mammary glands are scientific, let's talk about those.
              -skunked

Warning: all posts should be assumed to contain sarcasm and misinformation unless stated otherwise. The opinions shared are not necessarily those of the poster.

Comment

I'm internationally know for my work on the hind quarters of female humans
                #science

Comment

Originally posted by splatek16 View Post
                  I'm internationally know for my work on the hind quarters of female humans
                  #science

Comment

Originally posted by splatek16 View Post
                    So, there was some cool science starting over on that DH thread but I guess it's been taken down. Not sure the real reason, because I thought the info being shared on there was really informative. So I'm dropping this one here in hopes it'll continue
                    Not taken down, just closed at the request of the original poster which we typically tend to do as their prerogative. I had some responses to make so wasn't at my choosing even though I closed the thread. I have a request in to the OP to reopen, if he agrees we'll call Buck Henry's cheerleaders an intermission. If he does not respond, we can copy parts of that thread that have to do with "science" although I think you should be a bit more detailed in your title. Buck has already made the argument here as to why.

Exactly in that thread would you like to pick it back up? BTW: if you want lots of views, my suggestion for a title would be, "There are no smallmouth bass in the Hooch Tailwater!!" Then be adamant about it.
                    Last edited by THE EG; 02-23-18, 11:20 AM. Reason: tragically bad spelling
                    If this were rocket science most of us wouldn't be doing it. - Terry Creech

Comment

Originally posted by THE EG View Post
                      Not taken down, just closed at the request of the original poster which we typically tend to do as their prerogative. I had some responses to make so wasn't at my choosing even though I closed the thread. I have a request in to the OP to reopen, if he agrees we'll call Buck Henry's cheerleaders an intermission. If he does not respond, we can copy parts of that thread that have to do with "science" although I think you should be a bit more detailed in your title. Buck has already made the argument here as to why.

Exactly in that thread would you like to pick it back up? BTW: if you want lots of views, my suggestion for a title would be, "There are no smallmouth bass in the Hooch Tailwater!!" Then be adamant about it.

Awesome.
                      I was just enjoying the discussion

Comment

Originally posted by THE EG View Post

Great post EG, thank you for clarifying. Hopefully OP will respond positively. Thanks for the update.
                        #JBNavy

-Chinese Proverb

-Norman Maclean

"We are what we hunt."
                        -PH

Comment

Originally posted by Philhutch80 View Post
                          Great post EG, thank you for clarifying. Hopefully OP will respond positively. Thanks for the update.
                          I concur, and I hope that the cheerleaders come back, too!

Comment

Here's a new pic for this thread:

Dennis C...""Giving Stripers everywhere a bad day!!""

Comment

Originally posted by skibum View Post
                              Here's a new pic for this thread:

We are only accepting cheerleader pictures currently.

Comment

Working...
                              X