2018 Gathering of NGTO Navy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2018 Gathering of NGTO Navy

It's gittin' to be that tahm of year ag'in. The last weekend of winter is comin' up fast, an' it's nigh on tahm fer the NGTO Navy to gather fer the firstest tahm of the year in search of walleye (or ennything else that maht bend a rod) on the upper 'Hooch above Lake Lanier.

The NGTO Navy is purty much comprised of ennybody who has a small bateau that can navigate shallow water and who wants to join in the fun. This has been an annual gathering since March of 2012, an' we are currently plannin' on launchin' from the bridge at Lula, GA sometime in the mornin' of March 17th.

Here's a video of the 2014 Gatherin' of the Fleet which included some friends from Kentucky an' Tennessee. Enjoy the video and consider joinin' us!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KsCmpDqlJ0A
    If you have difficulty understanding the post above, read it out loud and it should make sense. This NGTO member is known for his poor hill-billy upbringing and his affinity for all things from Louisiana (particularly if it relates to LSU). It makes for a poor mix of accents and much difficulty in translation. He was doing well for so long, but now seems to have regressed.

That looks sho nuff like nuthin but fun.

Comment

Originally posted by eyeflyfish View Post
      That looks sho nuff like nuthin but fun.
      Well then, come on out and play!
      If you have difficulty understanding the post above, read it out loud and it should make sense. This NGTO member is known for his poor hill-billy upbringing and his affinity for all things from Louisiana (particularly if it relates to LSU). It makes for a poor mix of accents and much difficulty in translation. He was doing well for so long, but now seems to have regressed.

Comment

Boy oh boy, watchin' that there movie makes a feller miss his ol riverhawk! Suppose soma you done even had the real name brand units too!

Ain't never been that far up tha ol hooch an maybe that splains why I ain't never met but one of you fellers from the movie ther. Ran up on DaDa one morning huntin unicorns and like always we was all coming up zeroed and scratchin our heads. Ain't noe better place fer meetin feller fishermen than right out cheer onna water. His rig was all fitted up fer standin an drivin!

If y'all got room for one more, an supposin there ain't no HP strictins', I'd love to try and get up are with the ol navy there fer the 2018 run.

Comment

Originally posted by JerryG View Post
          Boy oh boy, watchin' that there movie makes a feller miss his ol riverhawk! Suppose soma you done even had the real name brand units too!

Ain't never been that far up tha ol hooch an maybe that splains why I ain't never met but one of you fellers from the movie ther. Ran up on DaDa one morning huntin unicorns and like always we was all coming up zeroed and scratchin our heads. Ain't noe better place fer meetin feller fishermen than right out cheer onna water. His rig was all fitted up fer standin an drivin!

If y'all got room for one more, an supposin there ain't no HP strictins', I'd love to try and get up are with the ol navy there fer the 2018 run.

I remembah the mornin o which ya speak sir.

I may join as well supposin there ain't a aluminum restriction
          I like em big fat and sloppy.

Comment

There are neither HP nor hull restrictions in this Navy! All are welcome to join. I'll be there with bells on and the rain should have the river up enough for us to make a good run up.

DD F
            Fly Fisherman - Part Entomologist, Part Meteorologist, Part Ichthyologist, Part Hydrologist, All Liar.

Comment

The Slam-o Trutta will be there as long as I am able to diagnose and get this motor issue corrected between now and then! Look forward to it gentlement.
              Last edited by Philhutch80; 02-27-18, 10:39 AM.
              #JBNavy

"Everyday is a new life to a wise man."
              -Chinese Proverb

ďAt sunrise everything is luminous but not clear.Ē
              -Norman Maclean

"We are what we hunt."
              -PH

Comment

Originally posted by Philhutch80 View Post
                The Slam-o Trutta will be there as long as I am able to diagnose and get this motor issue corrected between now and then! Look forward to it gentlement.
                Can I rope up my yak to your boat, oh wait I can paddle faster than that motor upstream

Just kidding, it was cute being so close to you to shift the weight my bro. Good times! Haha

Oh and SWEET BOAT NAME!!!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

I may have to stop by and chat with y'all a bit at launch. Won't have time to fish, but I need to live vicariously through people that do
                  The first thing scripture tells us about man is that we're made in the image of God. The second thing it says is that man should have dominion over the fishes of the sea.

The right flies at the right time: Monthly Fly

Comment

Ah - I was actually thinking about the NGTO Navy not long ago & thinking it was time to hit Lula. Will put on the Calendar!

Comment

Wouldn't mind catching a walleye. Have boat but don't know what to bring ifn yall would have me.

Comment

Originally posted by baldfish View Post
                        Wouldn't mind catching a walleye. Have boat but don't know what to bring ifn yall would have me.
                        I dont know either. Never caught a walleye, and only fished Lanier a handful of times.

Shad patterns?

Comment

I assume kayaks r welcome?
                          IIWFWTIWRTW

Comment

Originally posted by Crawfish View Post
                            I assume kayaks r welcome?
                            I would certainly welcome 'yaks, but it's a long paddle up river to the shoals! We've never had paddlers with us before. It's mostly small boats with outboard motors of 25HP and lower (except for when Jakal03 ran with us and had a 35HP on his stern).

I have a feeling, though, that we might not have must luck with walleyes this year. (Not that we really ever did.) The spawning run has been taking place for the past few days with the most recent full moon. We'll be hitting it on just the other side of a new moon phase and the walleyes will pretty much have finished their wild, passionate vacation from the lake.

There are other fish to be had though. Bass, sac-au-lait (that's "crappie" to y'all Georgians), yellow perch. . . possibly even a striper.

Even if the fishing is off - and it usually is pretty tough in this section - the scenery is very different from the tail water section of the 'Hooch and it is stunningly beautiful. Come check it out if you get a chance.

Comment

Iím not familiar with the river to far upstream of Lula Bridge. How far up are the shoals?
                              IIWFWTIWRTW

Comment

Working...
                              X