Before the rain

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Before the rain

Before the bottom dropped out of the sky today I was able to sneak out for a few hours to chase big t's pets at the dam. I arrived about fifteen minutes before @Streamsidesam. I quickly hiked in, hopped in. Got two right quick, but then looked up and found @Streamsidesam had done front ended me, he was about 25-50 feet in front of me, typical. Haha just kidding.

Fishing was slowish. Started Euro tight lining, but the wind was about forty mph so I tied on a dry.

This is the best brown for the day

And this 'bow, well, just happy to see me, I guess

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Should have gone down to Settles I killed them down there for a bit today.

This guy rode the short stocking truck to the river:

http://www.bigtflyfishing.com

Use Promo Code NGTO for 5% off

Comment

Originally posted by Big T View Post
      This guy rode the short stocking truck to the river:

Looks like DNR just sharpied up a panfish...

Comment

Originally posted by djangofly View Post
        Looks like DNR just sharpied up a panfish...

I told him there were no big fish at settles. Can't teach an old squatch new tricks

Comment

Originally posted by splatek16 View Post
          I told him there were no big fish at settles. Can't teach an old squatch new tricks

I had four break me off when I was using 3x so I wasn't able to get pictures. Had to be in the 8 to 10 pound range.
          http://www.bigtflyfishing.com

Use Promo Code NGTO for 5% off

Comment

I had four break me off when I was using 3x so I wasn't able to get pictures. Had to be in the 8 to 10 pound range.
            If they were in that range you were hooking the little ones at settles.

Should have played them out to see if our friend the double kype would try to snag one.
            I like em big fat and sloppy.

Comment

Getting there early to get out to a head start is usually my trick. lol. It was pretty solid fishing until about noon, when I tried to cross a particularly deep run, and the water went just enough over the waders to give me a soakin'. It was about time to get back to work anyway. BTW, I was told Lumis was going to be there?....
              "A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined..." George Washington

Comment

Settles is one place I'm glad I wet waded before I attempted it in waders... could've been the end of me if it was reversed haha

Comment

Originally posted by Streamside Sam View Post
                  Getting there early to get out to a head start is usually my trick. lol. It was pretty solid fishing until about noon, when I tried to cross a particularly deep run, and the water went just enough over the waders to give me a soakin'. It was about time to get back to work anyway. BTW, I was told Lumis was going to be there?....

@lumis "it's raining, cold..."
                  #millennial
                  Bahaha

Comment

Originally posted by Streamside Sam View Post
                    BTW, I was told Lumis was going to be there?....
                    I never told Steven I was going to the dam. Nor did he invite me He did tell me hes going to the dam last night. So I'm not sure why you heard that lol.

I had it in mind to maybe fish today if the weather was calm, but there was a pretty intense storm raging around my area at noon and the winds were blowing fairly strongly. I decided I'd stay home today and do homework.

Comment

That stunted fish is hilarious.
                      @glennmau

Comment

I switched to this for tippet at Settles about a month ago. Only a few break offs since 😎😎

THEY TRIED TO BURY US BUT THEY DID NOT KNOW WE WERE SEEDS

Comment

Originally posted by Dave375 View Post
                          I switched to this for tippet at Settles about a month ago. Only a few break offs since 😎😎

I caught about three hundred yards of that the other day, power bait still on the hook

Comment

I hate getting hooked up in that stuff. I fought a bunch of it in a strong riffle for a couple of minutes back before the water cleared up convinced I had an 18” brown on
                            Last edited by Dave375; 03-01-18, 10:00 PM.
                            THEY TRIED TO BURY US BUT THEY DID NOT KNOW WE WERE SEEDS

Comment

Working...
                            X