Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PB 15# Brown

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Way to go! You are the brownie master!
    BE DIFFERENT AND MAKE A DIFFERENCE! <

    Exodus 29:18
    Then burn the entire ram on the altar. It is a burnt offering to the LORD, a pleasing aroma, a food offering presented to the LORD. God loves BBQ!

    Comment


    • #32
      Congrats.

      You are on fine fisherman.

      Comment


      • #33
        [QUOTE=browniez;894345]It was actually on a baitcaster, but in the conventional gear bucket. I am not talented enough with a flyrod to pull off that cast. Conventional gear is also just more fun to fish for me personally.

        Tying the streamers is more fun for me than fishing them. Actually the joy I got in tying and fishing them was fun for awhile. Enjoyed the creative aspect. JerryG and I have actually taken this creative aspect to conventional tackle now, and are trying to find that creative joy there. Handcrafting and tuning lures, articulated riggings, fooling with articulated jigs, all sorts of fun stuff I learned from Tying.

        It's just the jam that interests me. So in a way flyfishing really helped me uncover what is becoming my true passion, building conventional baits in new ways and blending the two disciplines.

        QUOTE]

        Great fish Alex! And that one still doesn't look like its peaked out yet either. And a good short write on what and why you do what you do.

        Comment


        • #34
          Man! What a nice hooch fish! Always cool when there's a history there. One year ago today I put one in the net that I'd been chasing for a while... Wasn't a 15 pounder though! Congrats

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by TPerrie View Post
            Man! What a nice hooch fish! Always cool when there's a history there. One year ago today I put one in the net that I'd been chasing for a while... Wasn't a 15 pounder though! Congrats
            Thank you thank you. It definitely is cooler.

            I remember when you caught that one last year. I was massively impressed you caught it wading.

            Hunter life my friend! I'm pretty sure your 15 pounder isn't far off.
            I like em big fat and sloppy.

            Comment


            • #36
              Browniez is the undisputed King of the Hooch Tailwater!

              On another more serious note, I must request that he longer post these creatures online because now my wife wants to go fishing with him and not me... I'm left all alone up here in the mountains feeling rather insufficient...

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by buckman1 View Post
                Browniez is the undisputed King of the Hooch Tailwater!

                On another more serious note, I must request that he longer post these creatures online because now my wife wants to go fishing with him and not me... I'm left all alone up here in the mountains feeling rather insufficient...
                When I show my wife pictures of beautiful fish you guys have caught she asks why I cant do that.

                It makes me feel inadequate.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by richf7 View Post
                  When I show my wife pictures of beautiful fish you guys have caught she asks why I cant do that.

                  It makes me feel inadequate.
                  Unfortunately, the 5" speck I can produce doesn't hold a candle to Browniez 15 pound whopper with cheese?

                  Seriously though, I mean, 4, maybe even 5 people in the entire state can say they've landed a totally wild, non pellet fed, 15 pound (pounds, not inches) brown trout in Georgia. What an incredible feat!

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Flat out awesome!!!
                    Thanks for sharing the pics and some of the story of the work it took to even be in position to present a lure to it.
                    THEY TRIED TO BURY US BUT THEY DID NOT KNOW WE WERE SEEDS

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by buckman1 View Post
                      Unfortunately, the 5" speck I can produce doesn't hold a candle to Browniez 15 pound whopper with cheese?

                      Seriously though, I mean, 4, maybe even 5 people in the entire state can say they've landed a totally wild, non pellet fed, 15 pound (pounds, not inches) brown trout in Georgia. What an incredible feat!
                      Heck include pellet fed stocked fish and I bet only 4 or 5 folks could say they landed a trout that size. Unbelievable catch for a deserving angler.

                      I am with you Buckman, I no longer show my wife his fish.
                      http://www.bigtflyfishing.com

                      Use Promo Code NGTO for 5% off

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Awesome fish!

                        Congrats

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Awesome fish and great work!
                          2flysigpic
                          Pat

                          http://www.freewebs.com/georgiaflyfishingteam/
                          http://https://www.facebook.com/2flyGuideService
                          http://www.2flyguideservice.com
                          You gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X