Today was a good day!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today was a good day!

I was able to get on the water right after the release. Took a bit for the water to get back to the right level, but once it did the bite was on. My confidence in my euro technique was definitely boasted by all the newbie bows in the river. I did start the day with 3 browns but then it was all bows.. They hit black midge with crystal flash, green midge with copper ribbing, black midge with copper ribbing... and maybe one or two others.. I did not go up as far as the ramp(the stocker truck was dumping there) because it was CROWDED... I meandered downstream and then back up again. All in all about 20-25 fish.

One of the prettier ones is attached...

Joe
    Last edited by TroutRaider; 07-02-18, 08:39 PM.

Great work man.
    Good looking fish

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Awesome stuff!
      Were you able to wade very far as the water receded?
      I tried getting in a few weeks ago as the water receded down where I usually get in(down around where I met you), and it was too deep to wade.
      I plan on getting out tomorrow and would love if there’s somewherethats shallow enough that I could hop right in once they stop releasing.
      Fly tying instagram @erikclymore

Comment

Originally posted by erikclymore View Post
        Awesome stuff!
        Were you able to wade very far as the water receded?
        I tried getting in a few weeks ago as the water receded down where I usually get in(down around where I met you), and it was too deep to wade.
        I plan on getting out tomorrow and would love if there’s somewherethats shallow enough that I could hop right in once they stop releasing.
        It takes a while where we met. It was 10:20 and I was still hanging by the side. I was only about 100+yds down from the ramp. It would probably at least till 50 mins or so after the 120mw release before it would be good down mid island or so.

Comment

Yeah I watched the water drop for a little over an hour down there. I was hoping it would be a little better around the creek since it’s flatter.
          Fly tying instagram @erikclymore

Comment

Working...
          X