Great day at Island Ford with BigT!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great day at Island Ford with BigT!!

Wow!! They have been stocking some big fish at Island Ford!!! I had the privilege to fish IF with BigT yesterday. He penciled me in and re-arranged his seminars and book signings so that he could fish with me a few hours. He even was generous enough to show me a new fish landing technique that he has perfected after years of practice. It is a reverse swan dive with a half gainer while keeping side pressure on the fish which allows you to cool off on hot summer days and get the fish into the net quicker. I am no where near skilled enough to even attempt this move but as you can see in the video, BigT has mastered it like no other!!! Here are a few pics of the monster trout they have stocked at IF lately and a video from the day. A special thanks to BigT for a great day on the river. It was alot of fun. I had a blast.

PS.........these pics were taken and this video was filmed while RScott was working.

VIDEO
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Ln6FQM1KU8

20180325_091139 by Kevin Griffin, on Flickr

20180325_111449 by Kevin Griffin, on Flickr

20180325_094905 by Kevin Griffin, on Flickr

GOPR7678 by Kevin Griffin, on Flickr

GOPR7683 by Kevin Griffin, on Flickr
    I know where they live, I know what they eat. Now it's time to fool them with thread, feathers and roadkill.

------Team Norvise------
    sigpic

IF lost at least 3 good trout with that fall I'm loving the Hero 6 Prowler, the 120 fps really makes buttery smooth slo mo's.

Comment

Fun day Prowler I enjoyed it. Its never good when your fishing partner can see the soles of your shoes.
      http://www.bigtflyfishing.com

Use Promo Code NGTO for 5% off

Comment

Originally posted by Big T View Post
        Fun day Prowler I enjoyed it. Its never good when your fishing partner can see the soles of your shoes.
        Hahaha very true statement. Did you check your boots for leeches when you got home?
        I know where they live, I know what they eat. Now it's time to fool them with thread, feathers and roadkill.

------Team Norvise------
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sighter View Post
          IF lost at least 3 good trout with that fall I'm loving the Hero 6 Prowler, the 120 fps really makes buttery smooth slo mo's.
          Thanks sighter I'm enjoying it. I filmed this video at 1080p 240fps Not sure which I like better but I love the camera.

------Team Norvise------
          sigpic

Comment

I rewound that a good 8 times dissecting it like it was the zapruder film. It looks like he almost does s split to try to get his footing, then just back and to the left. Think I even saw a second squirmy in the bushes. Must have been fishing on an empty stomach to have bobbed up to the surface like that.

Canít wait till the next installment from the biscuits boys: Sveltes on Slabs.
            We are the music-makers,
            And we are the dreamers of dreams,
            Wandering by lone sea-breakers
            And sitting by desolate streams;
            World losers and world forsakers,
            On whom the pale moon gleams.

Comment

I was expecting the fish to be in the net when he stood up.
              Great video as always. It's amazing how well Island Ford is fishing this spring and how much those holdovers have grown.
              Thanks for posting, I've watched most of your videos the past few years and have learned more from them about euro nymphing than pretty much any other videos. At one point towards the end y'all are talking about white sighter material. Last year I started using about 6" of white at the bottom of my sighter. My visual strike detection increased dramatically.
              THEY TRIED TO BURY US BUT THEY DID NOT KNOW WE WERE SEEDS

Comment

Very nice day on the stream.

Comment

Island Ford is much smaller than I expected but obviously it truly is where all the big fish are. Nice video. Good stuff starts around 12:15.
                  If this were rocket science most of us wouldn't be doing it. - Terry Creech

Comment

So Big T is wet wading already? I hope you said hi to Marty and Glad at Island Ford?

Comment

This is the fakest of all fake news, but now we know that T doesn't catch his fish on a flyrod, he falls on them and stuns them. What a cheater....

Back side of the lower island has always been good, minimal pressure.
                      RScott

Support the Mission Statement - buy the TU License Plate!

Comment

Nice fish and nice vid.

Comment

i was fortunate to fish that stretch of water for many years. Still get invited every now and then. Haven't seen a brown like that one in a while. Congratulations.

Comment

Beautiful water and gorgeous fish. Loved that video, Prowler. I tried that GoPro mount on a ball cap and it kept falling in the water. You must have it stapled on.
                            "Many men go fishing all their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."
                            -Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Originally posted by Swimmer View Post
                              Beautiful water and gorgeous fish. Loved that video, Prowler. I tried that GoPro mount on a ball cap and it kept falling in the water. You must have it stapled on.
                              You can get this real fancy high tech yellow one, and it won't slip in the water.

We are the music-makers,
                              And we are the dreamers of dreams,
                              Wandering by lone sea-breakers
                              And sitting by desolate streams;
                              World losers and world forsakers,
                              On whom the pale moon gleams.

Comment

Working...
                              X