Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Great day(cold as sh$t). Even got my son out on the water early.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great day(cold as sh$t). Even got my son out on the water early.

The fish were very active on top and flashing in the water. Best midge today was a size 20 black. My son got another day in and had his best yet. He caught about a dozen or so. Fish had a lot of options to feed from so getting a consistant bite was difficult, but they did bite.

But the cold. That has to stop.

Joe
    Last edited by TroutRaider; 07-02-18, 09:39 PM.

Very nice, sounds like a good day. I very much agree with you, the cold has got to go. Cold temperatures have no place on this soil

Comment

So much for a high of 60 with <5 mph winds all day!
      I struggled. I got out about noon and fished till 5. When the wind wasn’t ripping I would do ok but those gusts were tough to fish through.
      I managed 14 with the bite really picking up in the evening.

It was a little spooky towards the end. I had made it up towards the top of the island. I looked up and didn’t see a soul on the river. I haven’t seen anything like that since January.
      Fly tying instagram @erikclymore

Comment

Originally posted by erikclymore View Post
        So much for a high of 60 with <5 mph winds all day!
        I struggled. I got out about noon and fished till 5. When the wind wasnít ripping I would do ok but those gusts were tough to fish through.
        I managed 14 with the bite really picking up in the evening.

It was a little spooky towards the end. I had made it up towards the top of the island. I looked up and didnít see a soul on the river. I havenít seen anything like that since January.
        I have been there when you are the last one on the river. Kinda cool, kinda creepy.

Comment

I have been there when no one else was on the river, and yes it is kind of spooky.
          "Why me Lord what have I ever done to deserve even one of the pleasures I've known" - Kris Kristofferson

Comment

It gets super spooky with the beaver! Gunshot loud!
            I like em big fat and sloppy.

Comment

Man, when I would kayak around settles at day break I would be floating all serine and junk with not a soul in sight, and all the sudden a beaver would slap the water scaring the bahjeebus out of me!
              It was good I wasn’t wearing waders or else they’d have been half filled.
              And not with water...
              Fly tying instagram @erikclymore

Comment

Originally posted by jkwolek1971 View Post
                The fish were very active on top and flashing in the water. Best midge today was a size 20 black. My son got another day in and had his best yet. He caught about a dozen or so. Fish had a lot of options to feed from so getting a consistant bite was difficult, but they did bite.

But the cold. That has to stop.

Joe
                I was spin fishing Sunday morning, saw the same things but didn't land any. They hit everything I cast on the water but none took the hook. I changed my presentation, speed, and depth with no luck. Several times they followed the lure up until it was reeled out of the water.

I'm guessing they just outsmarted me.

Comment

Working...
                X