#Fi****Forward

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #Fi****Forward

Ding. The message read, "Would you and the 'great white' angler be interested in hitting the river tonight" I didn't even tell Spencer what we were doing, but when we arrived and he saw the boat and met @browniez the ear to ear smile that became his face was large enough to distort local magnetic fields. He said, "oh hi, and jumped up on the boat"
    Later, "dad, this thing is fast, and awesome, I love this"

Seriously, can't thank Alex enough. We/he has a blast! Spencer caught the first fish on his first cast. If any of y'all think I make his fishy-ness up, I think Alex can attest, the kid's fishy.

Fish it forward. Pay it forward. Build a hobby, interest, and skill.... You might just save a kid.

Not only did he catch the first fish, but the most. Alex caught a handful, Spencer caught one or two more. I ate skunk. And Spencer was focused. He was watching Alex cast, drive, position, etc like the little grasshopper he is.

Absolute memory making afternoon/evening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good stuff by all!

FM
    The tug is the drug!

"Grow a pear!" - Groundpounder

Comment

I lack that!!!Spencer will always remember that. Paying it forward...
      dink
      Some fishermen see no fish and foolishly
      believe that the river is empty.
      Henry Van Dyke

Comment

Good stuff. Thanks for posting it up for the rest of us to enjoy.

Comment

Super cool right there
          http://www.bigtflyfishing.com

Use Promo Code NGTO for 5% off

Comment

Originally posted by FairWeatherFisherman View Post
            Good stuff. Thanks for posting it up for the rest of us to enjoy.
            +1
            Tight lines!!

Doc

Comment

Great report! My brother in law took me striper fishing on Lake Murray when I was 8 and i caught a 27" striper. I didn't realize fish could get that big. Best thing that ever happened to me. I haven't stopped fishing since. Some people go see a shrink; I just go fishing. Good on you browniez and splatek!

Comment

Thanks for the love on this post. It's really all due to browniez. He has the boat. He called us. He's a very patient young man that really was good with Spencer, and I bet he'd be good with kids generally.

Man, when I think about this: it was legit three, albeit unrelated, generations of fishing happening right there. Although I was the only one 'fishing', the other two jokers were catching!

Give a kid a fishing rod and maybe they'll put down the screen, find solace and meditation in nature, find their way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by pathfisher View Post
                  Great report! My brother in law took me striper fishing on Lake Murray when I was 8 and i caught a 27" striper. I didn't realize fish could get that big. Best thing that ever happened to me. I haven't stopped fishing since. Some people go see a shrink; I just go fishing. Good on you browniez and splatek!
                  10-4 on the on the water counseling! Not sure itís a cheaper route though!

He super ruined you with the linesides early!
                  I like em big fat and sloppy.

Comment

Thatís awesome and must be very cool for a Dad. Browniez was too camoíd out for the fish to eat imo

Comment

Originally posted by browniez View Post
                      10-4 on the on the water counseling! Not sure itís a cheaper route though!

He super ruined you with the linesides early!
                      Yea man, definitely not cheaper. Much more effective though!

Comment

That face....

....in the second picture is just intense. Spencer is dialed in on this for sure. Good on both Alex and Steve!

Comment

Originally posted by txc35 View Post
                          ....in the second picture is just intense. Spencer is dialed in on this for sure. Good on both Alex and Steve!
                          Yeah that's hilarious, right? He ain't playing...

Comment

Working...
                          X