New PB Brown

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New PB Brown

Haven't done a trip report in a while(haven't caught anything worthwhile lately) but the numbers have been pretty good on most trips I admit. Well today despite the weather calling for rain, strong winds, and thunder/lighting I decided to chance it and head out on the hooch and a great decision it was! Met up with some friends and we all caught a few, but I happened to hook into a new PB brown on the hooch at 17.5 inches. I high holed one buddy and on my second drift I got a hard take and an immediate bend in my rod as it ran for structure. I hollered at the guys "this is a good one, a real good one", and then it cleared the water for the first of 4 or 5 acrobatic jumps like it thought it was a bow. I used what I learned from Big T and Gordon at the fighting big fish clinic and I got this big boy in the net on my 3wt nymphing rod in about 2 minutes maybe less with constant side pressure. Gorgeous colored brown that taped out around 17.5 inches and real thick bodied, a all around beautiful fish. After a few photos and congrats from my fishing partners I released him to fight another day and I know where he lives so hopefully I'll catch him again when he's pushing 20. For the evening I ended up landing about 15 or so but missed PLENTY, I had a real off day like Greg has every time he fishes but I got the one that really counted in!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by WPrich; 07-06-18, 11:22 PM.

Rich you and I both know were long due for a tank haha. That thing is a brute!

Comment

Good job man all the hard work you put in such a short time you deserve it

We are the music-makers,
      And we are the dreamers of dreams,
      Wandering by lone sea-breakers
      And sitting by desolate streams;
      World losers and world forsakers,
      On whom the pale moon gleams.

Comment

Like the others have said you deserved that fish! Congrats!
        Fly tying instagram @erikclymore

Comment

Heckuva job!! Chasing that run and thunder is a good game plan!

Good work!
          I like em big fat and sloppy.

Comment

Solid fish Rich nice job. Beauty.
            http://www.bigtflyfishing.com

[

Use Promo Code NGTO for 5% off

Comment

Rich very well done.
              Nice fish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Oh yeah Rich..Beautiful Butter right there..Way to go!
                Tight lines!!

Doc

Comment

Beautiful fish, Rich! In fact, it's so beautiful it just took over as the NGTO Facebook cover photo for the remainder of the month of July. Well done!!!
                  If you have difficulty understanding the post above, read it out loud and it should make sense. This NGTO member is known for his poor hill-billy upbringing and his affinity for all things from Louisiana (particularly if it relates to LSU). It makes for a poor mix of accents and much difficulty in translation. He was doing well for so long, but now seems to have regressed.

Comment

Congrats Rich!! I think it was Gordon who did all the teaching that day. If I remember correctly T acted mostly as Gordonís prop and, as usual, served as eye candy.

Comment

Well, dam. The Beer Fairy PM's me about fishing yesterday and as usual, I just couldn't swing it. Seems like everyone caught fish, and Rich catches a personal best Trutta. BTW - that fish is perfect in every way, color, proportion, everything is perfect.

Like I have been saying - if you want a nice brown, fish the dam.
                      RScott

Support the Mission Statement - buy the TU License Plate!

Comment

Thatís one beautiful fish! Congrats!
                        All fishermen are liars except you and I...and I’m not so sure about you.

Comment

Thanks for all the kind words guys, that was an AWESOME experience yesterday. I honestly let out a holler that would rival Ric Flair when I got that beauty in the net, I was probably heard from dam to dam lol.

Originally posted by Swamp Angel View Post
                          Beautiful fish, Rich! In fact, it's so beautiful it just took over as the NGTO Facebook cover photo for the remainder of the month of July. Well done!!!
                          Thanks Swampy thats super cool, maybe I can replace it with a 20 incher for August if I hold my mouth right

Originally posted by bozosnightmare View Post
                          Congrats Rich!! I think it was Gordon who did all the teaching that day. If I remember correctly T acted mostly as Gordonís prop and, as usual, served as eye candy.

I had to give T some credit I've watched and learned quite a bit from him in the last year, even if he does serve as eye candy quite often

Originally posted by browniez View Post
                          Heckuva job!! Chasing that run and thunder is a good game plan!

Good work!
                          When I decided to head out I hoped the weather would have them moving and it did! One day I hope to land a big boy like those you and Phil are pulling in, make mine look small.

Comment

Originally posted by bozosnightmare View Post

I always thought he wore those short jorts on purpose, but they just don't make anything that will fit.
                            We are the music-makers,
                            And we are the dreamers of dreams,
                            Wandering by lone sea-breakers
                            And sitting by desolate streams;
                            World losers and world forsakers,
                            On whom the pale moon gleams.

Comment

Way to go Rich! Now the bar is set a little higher, get out there and get another "PB!"
                              BE DIFFERENT AND MAKE A DIFFERENCE! <

Exodus 29:18
                              Then burn the entire ram on the altar. It is a burnt offering to the LORD, a pleasing aroma, a food offering presented to the LORD. God loves BBQ!

Comment

Working...
                              X