JB 07/10

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JB 07/10

Beautiful day on the hooch clear skies, high pressure system, and low flow made the fish a little spooky and stand offish, still managed to catch fish from JB and downstream. Picked up a Syndicate 10' 2wt and I really really like it. Three things that frustrated me yesterday... saw something flashing in the water that looked like a dead fish snagged on the bottom...waded over and saw one of the biggest bows I've seen in the hooch...thought it was dead and when I reached down I found it was gut hooked and snagged and surprisingly still alive...cut him free and found that he was fit hooked and about 3"-4" of heavy line protruding from its mouth and then a heavy duty snap swivel. I cut free everything out of its mouth and it swam away but I don't know if it will survive. After that I caught two more bows, both of which had line and snap swivel hanging out of its mouth... not sure what's going on here but it's a waste that makes me angry...
    minimumexposure on IG

I'm 100% sure it was from the Crazies that were on the Hooch on July 4th stupid me went and I never saw so many people fishing without life vests fishing with live bait (Worms). Never again will I go fishing on a holiday.
    I'm surprised no one got hurt or lost in the water that day..
    It is sad to find that many fish with lines attached to them! Even if they were bred for food its no excuse..

Comment

That's crazy. I hope the big one survives to fight another day.

I have been using a 10ft 2 weight syndicate for almost a year now. Have been very happy with it so far.
      Hi my name is Charles and I'm a fishaholic.

Some days I'm the hook and some days I'm the fish.

Instagram @charles_the_toothsmith

Comment

I have been seeing this with frightening consistency as of late around JB. I swear every 4th fish has at least a foot of line coming out one side or the other. Probably some fallout from the 4th but it really has been sad. All you can do is cut them free and hope they make it. On a lighter note can't wait to try out my 3 wt syndicate that arrived today!

Comment

Originally posted by vivalahef View Post
          I have been seeing this with frightening consistency as of late around JB. I swear every 4th fish has at least a foot of line coming out one side or the other. Probably some fallout from the 4th but it really has been sad. All you can do is cut them free and hope they make it.
          Me as well - lots of gut hooked fish floating or barely hanging on at JB. Liberated a couple in the last few weeks, but I doubt any of them made it. Notably, all rainbows at least.

Comment

Working...
          X