Torpedo the tube hatch

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by b5fish View Post
    Count me in as well, looking forward to meeting everyone.

....Pending PhilHutch's approval
    I don’t know mark, everyone else is running props. We aren’t as high class you are running a Jet. Guess we will find out Saturday.

Originally posted by troutbum69 View Post
    Dude I was joking about literally getting convinced to fix a fence. Just like getting tricked into whitewashing a fence....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The sarcasm runs as deep as the river during a 127 release around here.
    #JBNavy

"Everyday is a new life to a wise man."
    -Chinese Proverb

“At sunrise everything is luminous but not clear.”
    -Norman Maclean

"We are what we hunt."
    -PH

Comment

Played hooky and pre-fished my Saturday 5 dollar stocker stretch today. Misread the turbidity as under 20 instead of under 50. Oh well had to bust out the husky jerks.

I could get used to this.

I'm still on the island if anybody is stopping by jones tonight. Waiting on the water to clear and maybe a hatch

"I don't hate trout fishing, just the people who trout fish."
      -Our friend Nam, but secretly Ret

"Stop Whining"

Comment

Are there going to be open spots for a lone angler?

Joe

Comment

Joe: Funny - spare slots... I am sure a few folks have boats that seat >1 and I cannot think of a better way to get to know another NGTO-er than be stuck on a boat with them for a few hours. I vote PhilHutch and FishMonger share a boat #CageMatch... haha, JK guys.

My spare seat is already taken.

And, if folks show up for this the way this thread is going then the tubers will be blogging/forum-ing about the #BoatHatch
          Last edited by Swamp Angel; 07-19-18, 11:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by splatek16 View Post

And, if folks show up for this the way this thread is going then the tubers will be blogging/forum-ing about the #BoatHatch
            This is what we’ve waited for! This is it, boys, this is war! (Five points to the first person to name that song.)

Actually, it would be absolutely hilarious to see them freak out about. “BoatHatch”! Just keep in mind that the law requires us to be at idle speed within 100 feet of any drifting craft- this includes the consarned tubes. Of course, strangely enough, my little ole bateau leaves a much larger wake when I’m at idle than it does when I’m on plane at full speed.��

This is gonna be a fun day even if it DOES rain!
            If you have difficulty understanding the post above, read it out loud and it should make sense. This NGTO member is known for his poor hill-billy upbringing and his affinity for all things from Louisiana (particularly if it relates to LSU). It makes for a poor mix of accents and much difficulty in translation. He was doing well for so long, but now seems to have regressed.

Comment

Originally posted by Swamp Angel View Post
              This is what we’ve waited for! This is it, boys, this is war! (Five points to the first person to name that song.)

Actually, it would be absolutely hilarious to see them freak out about. “BoatHatch”! Just keep in mind that the law requires us to be at idle speed within 100 feet of any drifting craft- this includes the consarned tubes. Of course, strangely enough, my little ole bateau leaves a much larger wake when I’m at idle than it does when I’m on plane at full speed.��

This is gonna be a fun day even if it DOES rain!
              To all who have posted and are going, give them hell sailors.....tubers and trouts.

Kelly Hinson

Comment

Do we have a start/end time in mind? I know that Abbott's isn't officially open until 8:00 but they can open before that. 12:00 back for lunch? BYO sides? CYO fish.

DD F
                Fly Fisherman - Part Entomologist, Part Meteorologist, Part Ichthyologist, Part Hydrologist, All Liar.

Comment

Originally posted by Da Da's Fishing View Post
                  Do we have a start/end time in mind? I know that Abbott's isn't officially open until 8:00 but they can open before that. 12:00 back for lunch? BYO sides? CYO fish.

DD F
                  I was figuring an early afternoon run and a 5:00 dinner meeting, but since we all neglected to place a time frame on it lets see if we can figure it out.

Open to suggestions, although I did just shoot a PM to alltimelow stating taht I was expecting an afternoon run.

We have fewer than 48 hours to nail it down.

As for me, I like an afternoon run, but this Navy ain't got no dictators. Make your voices heard and majority rules for this event. If all goes well, we'll make it an annual occurrence and plan it a little better next time. And of course, don't feel that you're limited to fishing by the times expressed here by others. If you wanna fish all day, then do so. The big decision is when to meet at Abbotts to heat up some fresh trouts.

I'll offer this as possible times to meet up and grill a bit at the Abbotts pavilion:

12:00 PM (noon for punctual people)
                  2:00 PM (late lunch if you're like Meaux and me and can never get anywhere on time)
                  4:00 PM (tea time for any of y'all that are still caught up in euro-football)

Post below what your desire is and we'll follow the lead of the majority for grill time.
                  If you have difficulty understanding the post above, read it out loud and it should make sense. This NGTO member is known for his poor hill-billy upbringing and his affinity for all things from Louisiana (particularly if it relates to LSU). It makes for a poor mix of accents and much difficulty in translation. He was doing well for so long, but now seems to have regressed.

Comment

I think 2 makes the most since for us non motorized folks

"Stop Whining"

Comment

I really look forward to this report. I was tempted to knock the dust off my dads boat and get it out to join y’all but unfortunately circumstances have got me land locked for most of the day.
                      Flip a tuber for me!
                      Fly tying instagram @erikclymore

Comment

Sooooo what time are we meeting up?

"Stop Whining"

Comment

2 sounds good for cooking. When are we hitting the river?

Comment

I am going to effort to get there at 8:00 and run to McGinnis, to catch the morning bite. SA and Meaux tend to sleep in more so they will probably be running later.

DD F
                            Fly Fisherman - Part Entomologist, Part Meteorologist, Part Ichthyologist, Part Hydrologist, All Liar.

Comment

Ha I like the sleep part. I will plan for 10 -11 this way I can make the most tubers move off the ramp

Comment

Alright I'll run in the am and meet up with errbody at abbotts at 2

"Stop Whining"

Comment

Working...
                                X