Island Ford without RScott

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Island Ford without RScott

Pm'd RScott Wednesday to see if he wanted to meet up to hit Island Ford Thursday and of course he couldn't as usual(said he's at a comp but he's probably just at work). I went anyways without him to see how the bite was compared to the other parts of the hooch. I decided to spend both afternoons (Thursday & Friday) there and man I'll say it was pretty ruff both days. None of my regular flies really worked and the fish were not where I expected them to be neither day for most part. Also kinda funny thing about both days was I landed exactly 15 fish each day, and both days had the same amount of each species 12 bows and 3 browns. If I hadn't caught the fish in different spots I'd think it was only 15 fish living at Island Ford! I moved around and covered ALOT of water both days hitting the 320 shoal(and areas above and below), backside of island, and some of the bottom of island all the way down to the 319.5 sign. Thursday I caught them all nymphing but on Friday nymphing picked up some but near the end of the day Friday I caught one twitching a bugger near end of my drift. The light went off in my head and I realized they wanted some movement so I stripped and twitched buggers and nymphs and picked up my last 9 quickly before the storm moved in. Just for proof here's a few pics that show there are a few small resident browns at IF as well as some chunky bows.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by WPrich; 07-13-18, 11:59 PM.

Looks like you had a very productive day, even minus RScott. Great job!
    Tight lines!!

Doc

Comment

Nice work as always rich.
      I think you're part fish....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I WAS in PA fishing, actually caught some nice fish, just not so many in the competition

Next time I will take you up on your offer, I need you to show me around and help me on my technique....
        RScott

Support the Mission Statement - buy the TU License Plate!

Comment

Originally posted by RScott View Post
          I WAS in PA fishing, actually caught some nice fish, just not so many in the competition

Next time I will take you up on your offer, I need you to show me around and help me on my technique....
          I think you have that statement backwards sir, I need you to show me around that place and help me with my technique. The beer fairy will probably put that offer on the table again for you later this week.

Comment

Originally posted by WPrich View Post
            I think you have that statement backwards sir, I need you to show me around that place and help me with my technique. The beer fairy will probably put that offer on the table again for you later this week.
            Did someone say Beer Fairy?? I really like those kind of meetings!!!
            And I bring to share too.
            "Be patient and calm - for no one can catch fish in anger." - Herbert Hoover

Comment

Originally posted by Trout "R" View Post
              Did someone say Beer Fairy?? I really like those kind of meetings!!!
              And I bring to share too.
              II' gonna have to carry a few for you up to the dam next time I make that trek up there then.

Comment

Working...
              X