22"x15" Hooch Brown!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 22"x15" Hooch Brown!!!

So myself and @b5fish decided to push reset and again go back to Jones Bridge for a lil sunday funday. Initially we were gonna start early but pushed our start to a bit later in the morning. We dropped on around 1030am and started floating. Did not see too much movement which was not much of a surprise. I cast over towards the bend and thought I felt a hit but also know grass can fool you and make it feel like you have a tug from a fish.
    I began to pull in after feeling this but as I got about 20-25ft from the boat, I saw him emerge from the shadows with the afterburners on sharking hard after my offering!!! I told Mark, big fish! Watch this, watch this! He came back up and missed again, but the next time I hooked him and the fight was on!!!
    This fish was not as big as my Labor Day fish but good grief did he put up a violent fight! Lots of headshakes and diving deep with long drag pulls. The drag was singing enough for Mark to comment saying I should not mess with my drag. To which I replied I was not; it was all the fish! We stayed calm though and I worked him up from the depths and again Mark got him with a solid net job!!!
    He measured out to be 22" in length and 15" in girth with a very odd small hookjaw with a hump. Got some photos and short videos and revived him and sent him on his way!!! I managed one other fish which was a gorgeous 17" hen that has a HUGE tail on her and some of the deepest gold colors I have ever seen.
    We also ran into @ChaChung on the water in his new craft with his son! It was awesome getting to meet you Charles and it looks like your son is well on his way to being a trout whisper as well!!! Now you got the skunk out of your new boat, what are you gonna name her?
    Eventually all good things have to end like yesterday. The river is really fishing well right now! Hope everyone else has good success! Now for the trout pron...

OF COURSE, how could I forget the release video... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmBvyMOEsp8

Dr. Charles...

17" Hen

Look at the size of her tail!

And the gold!!!

Threatening skies...
    #JBNavy

"Everyday is a new life to a wise man."
    -Chinese Proverb

“At sunrise everything is luminous but not clear.”
    -Norman Maclean

"We are what we hunt."
    -PH

Nice going. Pretty fish.

Comment

Nice! Size 20 dry fly?

Comment

Originally posted by Ch035 View Post
        Nice! Size 20 dry fly?
        Size 22 barbless cream midge.
        #JBNavy

-Chinese Proverb

-Norman Maclean

"We are what we hunt."
        -PH

Comment

Oh c’mon! What did he really eat?

Comment

Good fish.

You really might want to stop telling people where you catch these. No need to give out ramps and specific bends.

That ramp has like 3 parking spaces for boats.

You are gonna be really upset when you get a perfect drizzly November day and you can’t fish because the spots are taken.

I don’t fish there too much, so no skin off my nose. I know some people who do. They aren’t too pleased with the attention.
            I like em big fat and sloppy.

Comment

Originally posted by Philhutch80 View Post
              We also ran into @ChaChung on the water in his new craft with his son! It was awesome getting to meet you Charles and it looks like your son is well on his way to being a trout whisper as well!!! Now you got the skunk out of your new boat, what are you gonna name her?
              It was great meeting you guys too! I haven't thought about naming the boat but now that you mentioned it, I will talk to my kids and they'll help me come up with a name.

Again, great fish!
              Hi my name is Charles and I'm a fishaholic.

Some days I'm the hook and some days I'm the fish.

Instagram @charles_the_toothsmith

Comment

Killer fish!
                Roswellangler

Comment

very nice fish and photos
                  patrick

Comment

Nice. How much did he weigh?

Comment

Originally posted by JerryG View Post
                      Nice. How much did he weigh?
                      Interwebs said based upon the trout calculator it was around a 6.18lb fish. Fish had some serious shoulders on it!
                      #JBNavy

-Chinese Proverb

-Norman Maclean

"We are what we hunt."
                      -PH

Comment

Nice fish and great pictures!

Comment

Working...
                        X