No announcement yet.

Anything happening below Morgan falls?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anything happening below Morgan falls?

Has anyone been catching any trout below Morgan falls dam recently? I know the river monsters run up from West Point and eat everything in sight, and the water temps in the summer are not trout friendly, but I'm still curious.

The tube hatch scenery was good, but even that has begun to subside.
    I like em big fat and sloppy.

Comment

Originally posted by browniez View Post
      The tube hatch scenery was good, but even that has begun to subside.
      Haha, true! The tube hatch is always fun times. So do I have to wait until November to catch fish in that section?

Comment

Originally posted by Dsaporsky View Post
        Haha, true! The tube hatch is always fun times. So do I have to wait until November to catch fish in that section?
        Go wade any of the major shoals and drift big nymphs, small streamers, or surface poppers. There is a good population of shoal bass in the fast water. You might turn into an addict. They like ledges, crevices, and fast water. And they fight really hard.

My recommendation would be to go try that! Trout would definitely be November though.
        I like em big fat and sloppy.

Comment

Originally posted by browniez View Post
          Go wade any of the major shoals and drift big nymphs, small streamers, or surface poppers. There is a good population of shoal bass in the fast water. You might turn into an addict. They like ledges, crevices, and fast water. And they fight really hard.

My recommendation would be to go try that! Trout would definitely be November though.
          I've caught trout into mid-July below MF but they sure didn't look healthy. The best thing to do in that area right now is knock out 3 of the 5 bass you need for a slam. Rumor has it there's some small jaws in that section but I've never seen one or caught one

Comment

Originally posted by muddy waters View Post
            I've caught trout into mid-July below MF but they sure didn't look healthy. The best thing to do in that area right now is knock out 3 of the 5 bass you need for a slam. Rumor has it there's some small jaws in that section but I've never seen one or caught one
            Shoal, smallie and ??

Comment

Originally posted by fredw View Post
              Shoal, smallie and ??
              I've caught shoal, spotted, and largies at whitewater creek. I guess 4 out of 5 if the smallies are around but every time I've thought I'd caught one it turned out to be a shoalie with the tail spot

Comment

Working...
              X