Saturday 9/22

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saturday 9/22

Got out Saturday morning and decided to swing a white streamer with a soft hackle behind it to see if I could fool any fish drunk on herring, no such luck. Was rewarded with a handful of short strikes before switching to the nymph rig. I fished a pat's rubber legs with a rainbow warrior trailing for about 30 min. on my way out and the fish were loving it. None to hand but fought a couple nice rainbows for a minute or so each and missed a bunch of strikes.

Heard some folks upstream having success and a kayaker caught one right below me as I was tying up the nymph rig felt like a good day out there, hope many more had success!

Originally posted by BigTuna View Post
    Got out Saturday morning and decided to swing a white streamer with a soft hackle behind it to see if I could fool any fish drunk on herring, no such luck. Was rewarded with a handful of short strikes before switching to the nymph rig. I fished a pat's rubber legs with a rainbow warrior trailing for about 30 min. on my way out and the fish were loving it. None to hand but fought a couple nice rainbows for a minute or so each and missed a bunch of strikes.

Heard some folks upstream having success and a kayaker caught one right below me as I was tying up the nymph rig felt like a good day out there, hope many more had success!
    I had about the opposite experience saturday. I caught two bows on a 1.5' purple soft plastic but had the vast majority of the action ripping an undressed mepps aglia through pockets of cover. I really do need a nymphing rod, soft plastics on small jigs just aint the same.

Comment

Working...
    X