River south of Morgan Falls

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by muddy waters View Post
    How late do the stripers hang out below the dam? I want to give it a shot but I’m not sure when they head back to west point
    Varies every year. For the most part they are already gone.

Comment

I went out to Paces on Sunday in the hopes of tagging my first bass or striper on the fly (8wt throwing baitfish pattern and then olive bugger). Fished for about 2 hours in high water. No obvious or apparent hits.

Comment

"VACANCY" Sign Needed

Originally posted by BrianD View Post
        Going out below MFD this afternoon and hoping to get towed around by one of these horrors. (Will post a report if I make it out alive)

Fished there from about 3:30 pm until Dusk with no action other than a wounded and dying Blueback Herring with eyes like Peter Falk that I scooped up and looked at for a little bit.
        Saw one of the Dam employees fish from the rocks for a little while with no luck either.

My $ says the linesiders have gone South for the winter and we will have to wait until they return in the spring for our next Nantucket....errr.....Chattahoochee Sleigh Ride.
        “This is a brief life, but in its brevity it offers us some splendid moments, some meaningful adventures.”
        Rudyard Kipling, Kim

Comment

Originally posted by BrianD View Post
          Fished there from about 3:30 pm until Dusk with no action other than a wounded and dying Blueback Herring with eyes like Peter Falk that I scooped up and looked at for a little bit.
          Saw one of the Dam employees fish from the rocks for a little while with no luck either.

My $ says the linesiders have gone South for the winter and we will have to wait until they return in the spring for our next Nantucket....errr.....Chattahoochee Sleigh Ride.
          They are still there....
          #JBNavy

"Everyday is a new life to a wise man."
          -Chinese Proverb

“At sunrise everything is luminous but not clear.”
          -Norman Maclean

"We are what we hunt."
          -PH

Comment

November 1 their annual fall feast begins

Comment

Over under on 3 bots anchored on top of each other at the dam, missing untold miles of beautiful right bassin?
              I like em big fat and sloppy.

Comment

Kind of like the Cumberland. Probably 90% of the fishing happens in the first few miles below Wolf Creek, but so much great river down stream.

Comment

Working...
                X