River south of Morgan Falls

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• River south of Morgan Falls

Stopped off at the river to grab lunch after an interview and I just happened to have a rod with me. Literally the third cast the line went tight. Nice bucket mouth trout. Guessing around 4 lbs.

Not five minutes later another blow up and this one had much much bigger shoulders. This fish immediately decided to head for West Point and I couldnít turn it. Fishing from the bank I was SOL. Snap... oh well

My friends fishing with cut bait started cussing in Spanish as they had been out there a few hours without a bite. One of them reeled in his bait cut it off and put on a buck tail to match the hatch. Bait had obviously been washed thru Morgan Falls as I watched them float by.

Didnít have much time, but it was a nice way to kill 30-40 minutes and to suck down a quick bite.
    Attached Files
    I am officially upgrading Gatorbyte from "fly in my ointment" to "thorn in my side". If he happens to elevate himself to "pain in my a$$" I'm gonna blame it on RScott.

Want to Help Ease DNR's Budget Woes? Buy a TU license Plate!

sigpic

Very nice. Those 30-40 minute surgical strike missions are so satisfying when they come together!

Those ones you canít turn around are the best, and worst feeling.
    I like em big fat and sloppy.

Comment

Originally posted by baldea View Post
      This fish immediately decided to head for West Point and I couldnít turn it. Fishing from the bank I was SOL. Snap... oh well.
      Sounds like a Steelhead to me. Just sayin'...

FM
      The tug is the drug!

"Grow a pear!" - Groundpounder

Comment

I'm thinking Sturgeon. Yeah, gotta be Sturgeon.
        Dennis C...""Giving Stripers everywhere a bad day!!""

Comment

I was thinking alligator or a gar. May have to sneak out with the kayak. My time on the river down here has been limited this summer.
          I am officially upgrading Gatorbyte from "fly in my ointment" to "thorn in my side". If he happens to elevate himself to "pain in my a$$" I'm gonna blame it on RScott.

Want to Help Ease DNR's Budget Woes? Buy a TU license Plate!

sigpic

Comment

I heard the bull shark was moving up the hooch...

Comment

One of the cut bait guys snagged your line. He is telling the same story

Comment

Originally posted by groundpounder View Post
                One of the cut bait guys snagged your line. He is telling the same story

Hahaa

Sounds like a good trip baldea ..thatís a nice Larry!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                _yero on instagram

Comment

Nice bass.

The DNR is stocking sturgeon but not sure if any into the Hooch

Comment

Originally posted by trout1980 View Post
                    Nice bass.

The DNR is stocking sturgeon but not sure if any into the Hooch
                    I think the sturgeon stocking is limited to the rivers in the coosa and Tennessee watersheds.

Comment

That line snapper was deff a triploid rainbow. At least that's what Lambster told me.
                      http://www.flyfisherman.com/blogs/pr...e-triploids-2/

Comment

Originally posted by The Ole Man View Post
                        That line snapper was deff a triploid rainbow. At least that's what Lambster told me.
                        http://www.flyfisherman.com/blogs/pr...e-triploids-2/
                        Got to be....it's the only logical explanation
                        BE DIFFERENT AND MAKE A DIFFERENCE! <

Exodus 29:18
                        Then burn the entire ram on the altar. It is a burnt offering to the LORD, a pleasing aroma, a food offering presented to the LORD. God loves BBQ!

Comment

A little known part of the USA - China trade agreement was a side deal with Mongolia that involved the importation of taimen into a few quietly selected waterways of the USA. The middle Chattahoochee was selected as the fish cannot tolerate the warmer temperature south of the metro area and cannot travel upstream past the dam. It was felt the taimen which grow as large as stripers should be able to hold their own against the invaders from the south. Obviously, our friend hooked one of the imports. At least, that's a rumor.
                          Want to hear God laugh? Tell Him your plans.

Comment

Hoping to hook into a F1 Triploid Striped Sturgelunge

Going out below MFD this afternoon and hoping to get towed around by one of these horrors. (Will post a report if I make it out alive)
                            ďThis is a brief life, but in its brevity it offers us some splendid moments, some meaningful adventures.Ē
                            Rudyard Kipling, Kim

Comment

Originally posted by BrianD View Post
                              Going out below MFD this afternoon and hoping to get towed around by one of these horrors. (Will post a report if I make it out alive)
                              How late do the stripers hang out below the dam? I want to give it a shot but Iím not sure when they head back to west point

Comment

Working...
                              X