Streamer Bite was on today

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Streamer Bite was on today

Clouds, rain, wind..Great day for the river. Glad I went out for a couple of hours. I had about 60 or so hits but only about 10-12 hookups. Still fun to watch the trout go crazy for my streamer.
    Last edited by TroutRaider; 11-09-18, 05:32 PM.

Wow, what a nice fish! Do you have or use any sort of dedicated streamer line or rig? Or do you just tie a streamer on to your normal line?

Comment

What pattern and line were you throwing?

I cannot wait for the point in my life when I can take a couple hours off to go fish. This 8-6 work schedule ainít it.

Comment

Google anyone? Throwing streamers isn't exactly rocket science.

Search streamer rig" for starters and I am sure you'll be off to a running start.

Then, "streamer patterns".

Then, trial and error.
        @glennmau

Comment

Coming off a bit harsh there and I am all for sharing knowledge but exact set ups and patterns can vary from user to user and the internet has tons of information.
          @glennmau

Comment

Originally posted by gau16 View Post
            Coming off a bit harsh there and I am all for sharing knowledge but exact set ups and patterns can vary from user to user and the internet has tons of information.
            Isn't this the internet?
            Yeah a bit harsh. You could answer pretty much any thread ever posted here and reply with your prior post. But what fun would there be in that.
            But to your point, yes there are many personal preferences with streamer fishing.

My streamer fishing usually consists of a 6,7, or 8 weight depending on where I'm fishing and size of flies I'm planning on throwing. I use several brands of a sink tip line(Orvis, RIO, SA). I run about 4-5 ft of flouro tippet between 8-14 lbs with no leader. Loop knot at the fly.

Comment

Originally posted by CurraheeFlight View Post
              Wow, what a nice fish! Do you have or use any sort of dedicated streamer line or rig? Or do you just tie a streamer on to your normal line?
              For where I fish my Recon 4wt works fine. I have two cassettes for it, one a Euro and the other setup for streamer. I also fish a variety of regular patterns and some junk that I tie.

Comment

Maybe it's something done on a more 1 on 1 way via PM or on the water?

I think there's a difference between tips and tricks versus actual set ups and flies/lures.

Just saying, I know everyone wants to catch fish and be efficient out there but where's the fun in the "hunt" then?
                @glennmau

Comment

Great to hear you had a good day slinging streamers jwk..I absolutely enjoy them also and i wouldn't mind sharing some thoughts, via PM if you like. Hate to see you scolded again for asking questions on a Q&A forum.
                  Tight lines!!

Doc

Comment

No Two

No two set-ups or tactics are the same due to the variables. Day of week, water levels, location, depth of feeding fish, current speed, and just plain luck. In other words I could share the exact information on one of our streams for a big fish last week and you could follow that EXACTLY one week from now and not see a fish! And then being anglers, maybe we show you a great catch but falsify the location, rig, set-up, etc.

Comment

Streamer bite was on today as well. Once the drizzle started they were eating sex dungeons right at the boat. In the main channel, behind rocks, in the blowdowns, where the sand hit rock, everything. I also saw and almost hooked the largest trout I've ever seen today. This brown slowly turned and sipped my 4 inch streamer like a mayfly and I got a good since of how big it was. At least a 24 inch fish with some shoulders. Set, and the ole girl just casually let go and turned back down into her hole. Now in know where she lives though..... once the rain started in earnest the fish stopped eating. I had a fun mile left to row while soaking wet. Boat had at least 5 gallons of water in it at the takeout

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      "I don't hate trout fishing, just the people who trout fish."
                      -Our friend Nam, but secretly Ret

"Stop Whining"

Comment

Nice

Comment

Working...
                        X