No announcement yet.

Abbott’s Bridge Boat Ramp Drop Off

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Funny, I was just thinking how they need to drop a few tons of gravel at Medlock launch. My boat and trailer bounce a foot in the air when launching/taking out. I guess it’s not that bad after all

Comment

Originally posted by troutbum69 View Post
      Y'all can also just pickup a can of silicon spray and spray your bunks down every few launches. However, once you do this, DONT UNHOOK THE WINCH STRAP till your trailer tires are in the water. It's a great recipe for boats on pavement if you're not careful

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      I've seen many a Ranger/Skeeter bounce on the ramp because of this....

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander.Foti View Post
        Adding some rock woulld also be nice..
        Inb4 limestone

Comment

Originally posted by JerryG View Post
          Inb4 limestone

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Paveston...1108/202363272

"I don't hate trout fishing, just the people who trout fish."
          -Our friend Nam, but secretly Ret

"Stop Whining"

Comment

Given the amount of traffic that go through those ramps, really surprised that they don't keep them in better shape.

DD F
            Fly Fisherman - Part Entomologist, Part Meteorologist, Part Ichthyologist, Part Hydrologist, All Liar.

Comment

Originally posted by Da Da's Fishing View Post
              Given the amount of traffic that go through those ramps, really surprised that they don't keep them in better shape.

DD F

I'd say they're in great shape. Think about the affect of releases on them almost every day. It's not like a ramp on the river in say Franklin.

"Stop Whining"

Comment

Originally posted by Da Da's Fishing View Post

DD F
                Originally posted by troutbum69 View Post
                I'd say they're in great shape. Think about the affect of releases on them almost every day. It's not like a ramp on the river in say Franklin.

I agree with troutbum here. The ramps are in good shape and have been. someone has gone to the ramps and added stainless tie off points in fact at a couple ramps! My biggest problem with the upper TW ramps(McGinnis, Abbotts & Medlock) is that they are just to dang narrow. You compare the Johnson's Ferry Ramp to any one of those and launching at Johnson's Ferry looks way more appealing.
                #JBNavy

"Everyday is a new life to a wise man."
                -Chinese Proverb

“At sunrise everything is luminous but not clear.”
                -Norman Maclean

"We are what we hunt."
                -PH

Comment

Originally posted by Philhutch80 View Post
                  I agree with troutbum here. The ramps are in good shape and have been. someone has gone to the ramps and added stainless tie off points in fact at a couple ramps! My biggest problem with the upper TW ramps(McGinnis, Abbotts & Medlock) is that they are just to dang narrow. You compare the Johnson's Ferry Ramp to any one of those and launching at Johnson's Ferry looks way more appealing.

Well it was designed from the start as a multi purpose ramp. I.E. boats and tubers/kayakers. The upper ramps are for boats. There's plenty of access for kayakers and tubers only

"Stop Whining"

Comment

Of the few that I've dropped my vessel in, I think abbots is the easiest. McGinnis is like a straight drop off to me.

Comment

I hate Johnson Ferry ramp at low tide. The sediment has built up so much I have to back the truck halfway into the river to get the dang thing off.
                      I like em big fat and sloppy.

Comment

Originally posted by browniez View Post
                        I hate Johnson Ferry ramp at low tide. The sediment has built up so much I have to back the truck halfway into the river to get the dang thing off.
                        What about all the dipsticks that launch the non-motorized craft? They can be a real barrel of monkeys too!

FM
                        The tug is the drug!

"Grow a pear!" - Groundpounder

Comment

Originally posted by browniez View Post
                          LOL... You should see Mark's truck when launching at MF. It's totally in the water and the look on the faces of people on the bank is priceless. I don't have a problem launching from any ramp, except for Weekend Wally's. There is a video from Mr. Clark, the ole hooch poacher himself, launching his boat by the big rock at 41, before the new boat ramp was built.
                          Dennis C...""Giving Stripers everywhere a bad day!!""

Comment

Originally posted by fishmonger View Post
                            What about all the dipsticks that launch the non-motorized craft? They can be a real barrel of monkeys too!

FM
                            It's the folks that use the whole width of the ramp to prep their gear, air up tubes, or whatever the case that bother me.

We saw some dudes in rental kayaks flip and lose a phone within a few feet of leaving JF once. Im always curious how the rest of their day went.

Anyway, havent seen Abbotts in a little while but I can tell you the McGinnis ramp is worse and usually has a fair amount of busted taillight plastic in the water. I dont have much issue with my current boat due mostly to the trailer and larger tires, but my riverhawk trailer had little tiny tires and probably some of that plastic belonged to me.
                            Last edited by JerryG; 10-26-18, 02:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by skibum View Post
                              LOL... You should see Mark's truck when launching at MF. It's totally in the water and the look on the faces of people on the bank is priceless. I don't have a problem launching from any ramp, except for Weekend Wally's. There is a video from Mr. Clark, the ole hooch poacher himself, launching his boat by the big rock at 41, before the new boat ramp was built.
                              Two reasons why Mighty Whitey is still my fishing truck after 20 years.

I'll take the deep dip over the mudpit goat roping that is Johnson Ferry any day.

Snow? Stay home? Not!

4WD is an expensive option, and you don't really need it until you really need it, then there is no substitute.

FM
                              The tug is the drug!

"Grow a pear!" - Groundpounder

Comment

Originally posted by JerryG View Post
                                It's the folks that use the whole width of the ramp to prep their gear, air up tubes, or whatever the case that bother me.

We saw some dudes in rental kayaks flip and lose a phone within a few feet of leaving JF once. Im always curious how the rest of their day went.

Anyway, havent seen Abbotts in a little while but I can tell you the McGinnis ramp is worse and usually has a fair amount of busted taillight plastic in the water. I dont have much issue with my current boat due mostly to the trailer and larger tires, but my riverhawk trailer had little tiny tires and probably some of that plastic belonged to me.
                                We found it for em Jerry!
                                I like em big fat and sloppy.

Comment

Working...
                                X