Seasons Greetings!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seasons Greetings!

As we all celebrate Halloween tonight, I want to take time to remind everyone here about the real reason for the season.... the delayed harvest season! As far as I can tell, everything is a go for it starting tomorrow in the usual spots. Iím not sure if theyíre stocking today like they sometimes do or will commence stocking tomorrow but iíd love to hear yalls thoughts on the DH. What are your favorite techniques? Favorite spots? Do yíall wait a few days until the fish spread out or are you throwing egg patterns at the stocking truck?

Personally, Iím gonna be up early once the time changes and hitting the lower tailwater near Paces. Iíve got a whole tin of floating and sinking pellet patterns that I canít wait to try out.

Hey Iím new to the area I was stationed on the west coast my whole Navy career and Iím trying to figure this whole thing out here. Is there a map for where they stock?

Comment

Originally posted by Beefsupreme View Post
      Hey Iím new to the area I was stationed on the west coast my whole Navy career and Iím trying to figure this whole thing out here. Is there a map for where they stock?
      https://gadnrwrd.maps.arcgis.com/app...cd7264124fe5fd

Thatís the DNRs trout map. The section northwest of the city thatís highlighted purple and yellow is the delayed harvest section of the Hooch. They stock the whole thing over the course of the season but usually stock at Paces Mill first.

Comment

Welcome. you should look at the section of the board for the "Flings." The fall fling is 11/3. You will pick up more knowledge in a morning than you will in weeks thrashing about.

Comment

I saw it I was already planning on being there all day

Comment

I saw it I was already planning on being there all day
            As long as this is your entrance and you have the music to accompany....

#JBNavy

"Everyday is a new life to a wise man."
            -Chinese Proverb

ďAt sunrise everything is luminous but not clear.Ē
            -Norman Maclean

"We are what we hunt."
            -PH

Comment

Click "Maps" up top here. You will see DH Map selections for 4 Ga rivers. They are all stocked for the DH season and several additional times during the season Nov 1 to May 15.

Comment

Jeff Durniak, the regional fisheries biologist for GA DNR sent this mass email out just a little while ago referencing the Hooch DH. You might want to check into getting on that email list.

"We spread them out well, from the top of Cochran to the bottom of Paces and over to Whitewater."
                If this were rocket science most of us wouldn't be doing it. - Terry Creech

Comment

Originally posted by THE EG View Post
                  Jeff Durniak, the regional fisheries biologist for GA DNR sent this mass email out just a little while ago referencing the Hooch DH. You might want to check into getting on that email list.

"We spread them out well, from the top of Cochran to the bottom of Paces and over to Whitewater."
                  Which email list is that? I havenít seen anything from the usual DNR mailers today.

Comment

Anyone know if JB has been stocked?

Comment

Working...
                    X