DH Question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DH Question

Do they stock below the dam during delayed harvest?

They didnít stock this week according to the report.

Comment

Iím assuming your referring to Morgan Falls dam. That area is outside the DH. The DH only extends to Sope Creek, but there are no fences in the river so trout do go outside the DH.
      I am officially upgrading Gatorbyte from "fly in my ointment" to "thorn in my side". If he happens to elevate himself to "pain in my a$$" I'm gonna blame it on RScott.

Want to Help Ease DNR's Budget Woes? Buy a TU license Plate!

sigpic

Comment

I think the OP is asking if they still stock up near Buford dam during DH season. Good question and I really don't know the answer. But I think it is safe to assume that the DNR concentrates most of it's stocking efforts on the DH streams this time of year.
        Message sent from your mom's bedroom during pillow talk

Buck Henry
        Simple Goat Herder
        Former NGTO President
        Hall of Fame Member

Comment

Sorry I should have said it but I meant Buford dam

Comment

Not generally but I have seen them stock from time to time during holiday weekends and such. A little present from DNR.
            Hi my name is Charles and I'm a fishaholic.

Some days I'm the hook and some days I'm the fish.

Instagram @charles_the_toothsmith

Comment

If you want to do DH. You should try Smith Creek near Helen. I went yesterday. There was a lot of trout there. One hole had a large trout at least 8 pounds plus.

Comment

Originally posted by ChaChung View Post
                Not generally but I have seen them stock from time to time during holiday weekends and such. A little present from DNR.
                This is what I have also observed over the years.
                If this were rocket science most of us wouldn't be doing it. - Terry Creech

Comment

Working...
                X