DH Fish

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DH Fish

Dave375 and I decided to meet up yesterday morning and fish downtown Helen. Well needless to say the Hooch was ROLLING. So we did what any self respecting winter fisherman would do, we loaded up and went to the DH.
    The state fisheries guys and gals truly did an outstanding job feeding their winters stock. Dave had one well north of 20"!!! And my last fish was over 16" And as most people would say if you don't have pics it didn't happen. Well here you go.

Dave 12-22-18.JPGRandy 12-22-18.JPG
    "Be patient and calm - for no one can catch fish in anger." - Herbert Hoover

Sounds (and looks) like a good day. Those are good looking fish. Iím glad you had to release them cause Iím going back up there next week sometime.

Comment

Originally posted by creeker View Post
      Sounds (and looks) like a good day. Those are good looking fish. I'm glad you had to release them cause I'm going back up there next week sometime.
      The beauty of catch and release. Until heavy rain starts washing them down.

Comment

Great fishing with you again!!!
        THEY TRIED TO BURY US BUT THEY DID NOT KNOW WE WERE SEEDS

Comment

Originally posted by Lumis View Post
          The beauty of catch and release. Until heavy rain starts washing them down.
          Though this is a concern, the fish generally hold tight to cover and stay put.But I have caught holdover Smith fish as far down as the tube launch on the Hooch north of Helen. Late season on Smith usually has people moaning and groaning about Smith getting washed out, poached out or otters decimating the trout population. But the fish are there, holding tight to cover. They have seen everything and more, the slightest vibration and shadow sends them darting for deep water, heavy cover,and safety. Til the DH is over and the bait chuckers begin the H part of DH.....Harvest time!
          BE DIFFERENT AND MAKE A DIFFERENCE! <

Exodus 29:18
          Then burn the entire ram on the altar. It is a burnt offering to the LORD, a pleasing aroma, a food offering presented to the LORD. God loves BBQ!

Comment

Great looking fish. Did you catch a lot? They stocked the DH's late last week. Was where you are two weeks ago at Smith's Creek. Hung a rainbow that came out from under one of the rocks. Pretty place right there to fish.

Comment

Working...
            X