WENT TO SMITH CREEK, ENDED UP AT BROWN TOWN

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WENT TO SMITH CREEK, ENDED UP AT BROWN TOWN

So, I arrived at Smith creek and on the water around 9:00. No camera, gonna leave phone in the truck, today is just for me. Water up but clear, looking good! Dreaded first cast, first fish. At least not gonna wear the skunk. By the way, first fish was a brookie, came below the culvert hole in some skinny water. Fished on down, lost a few flies, finally got #2 at the second bridge, a SNIT rainbow. Picked up a couple more bows, finally got to a promising spot, changed up flies a few times, found the right fly.....wooly bugger! And they would hit any color, as long as it was olive. For the next 2 hours, I camped out on this run.....unoffishually named Brown Town. The browns were plentiful, powerful and ready for a fight. I brought probably a dozen to hand, all over 12 inches, some pushing 15-16 inches. Ended with a fat bow out of the same run, this one measured 17inch. All told, ended with 20 or more, mostly browns, only brookie I caught was the first fish. Ended the day around 1:00....
    If you get the chance, go fish Smith Creek.You'll be glad you did. And Thanks to GaDNR!!!! Those were the best looking DH fish I've ever seen.
    BE DIFFERENT AND MAKE A DIFFERENCE! <

Exodus 29:18
    Then burn the entire ram on the altar. It is a burnt offering to the LORD, a pleasing aroma, a food offering presented to the LORD. God loves BBQ!

So how’s that retirement thing working out for you?
    "What's his offense?"
    "Groping for trouts in a peculiar river."
    ― William Shakespeare, Measure for Measure

Comment

It's gonna be tough, but I think I can handle it.
      BE DIFFERENT AND MAKE A DIFFERENCE! <

Exodus 29:18
      Then burn the entire ram on the altar. It is a burnt offering to the LORD, a pleasing aroma, a food offering presented to the LORD. God loves BBQ!

Comment

Working...
      X