Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smith Creek 1/6

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Smith Creek 1/6

    Had to fish since I finally had a day. Decided to hit Smith even though I knew it would be packed. Started about 8:15 and nabbed a few right off the bat. Broke off a really nice rainbow trying to get it netted. Upside to the crowd was it forced you to look for new spots and really work for your fish. Finished with 10 (7 bows, 3 browns) but could have had closer to 2 dozen. Any bugger seemed to work in the morning as long as you were on the bottom. After lunch smaller nymphs were working well. About 50:50 between the point and tag flies.

    I did did notice a couple with spinning gear and some corn as I was wrapping up. I stopped by to see if they knew that isnít kosher during DH. They politely said no and they were given the corn by another gentleman with a stringer in the parking lot. They thanked me for the information and packed up. I like to give people benefit of the doubt. A stringer here and there certainly isnít going to deplete the great work the fisheries folks do but it doesnít hurt to keep informing those who donít know or miss all the signs.

  • #2
    OMG, A stringer at SMITHS!
    Good work on those fish. I was actually fixing to text you and see if you still fished? Still alive... LOL

    We gotta catch up and chase some specks soon. #Spring

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by splatek16 View Post
      OMG, A stringer at SMITHS!
      Good work on those fish. I was actually fixing to text you and see if you still fished? Still alive... LOL

      We gotta catch up and chase some specks soon. #Spring
      Hit me up! Weíve been tying like crazy.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by splatek16 View Post
        OMG, A stringer at SMITHS!
        Good work on those fish. I was actually fixing to text you and see if you still fished? Still alive... LOL

        We gotta catch up and chase some specks soon. #Spring
        There's been a ton of stringers at Smiths. Don't call it the Poachers Hole for nothing.....

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by huntfish View Post

          There's been a ton of stringers at Smiths. Don't call it the Poachers Hole for nothing.....

          Is Poacher's hole the big hole where the road crosses the creek?

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Trout Hunter 18 View Post


            Is Poacher's hole the big hole where the road crosses the creek?
            No, it's the base of the dam.

            Comment

            Working...
            X