Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would Smith Creek be productive with all the rain last night?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would Smith Creek be productive with all the rain last night?

I was thinking about going to Smith's Creek tomorrow. I was wondering would the rain last night and this morning affect it that much? Was curious if the water would still be to high or not? Also would the approaching cold front slow down the bite?
    Last edited by Trout Hunter 18; 03-15-19, 06:18 AM.

Yep, Smith will pay off. Water will be up and stained, but fishable. Split shot is your friend.
    BE DIFFERENT AND MAKE A DIFFERENCE! <

Exodus 29:18
    Then burn the entire ram on the altar. It is a burnt offering to the LORD, a pleasing aroma, a food offering presented to the LORD. God loves BBQ!

Comment

Ended up catching 4 trout. 3 rainbow and 1 brown. Would post pics but can't get them to post on here. It was nice that I got my first trout on a fly I tied. I 10 inch rainbow on a green pheasant tail fly with tungsten bead. Nice to catch my first trout on a fly I tied.

Comment

Good for you! Smith can humble you one day, then pay off with huge numbers the next. Catching a trout on a fly you tied is especially sweet. Build a rod, tie a few flies, it just gets sweeter and sweeter every fish you catch.
        BE DIFFERENT AND MAKE A DIFFERENCE! <

Exodus 29:18
        Then burn the entire ram on the altar. It is a burnt offering to the LORD, a pleasing aroma, a food offering presented to the LORD. God loves BBQ!

Comment

That is very true. First time a went to Smith I ended up catching 12. Fun Creek to fish. Just being in nature out of the office and free is enjoyable enough. Catching fish is a bonus.

Comment

Working...
          X