Coming Up From Tampa

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coming Up From Tampa

Anyone got any fishing reports for the Blue Ridge/Ellijay area? I'm scheduled to be up there the 26th, 27th, and 28th. I have heard the rain has been ridiculous since the New Year and before. How is the fishing? Thanks in advance!
    Capt. Jon Bull
    2019 Salt Marsh Skiffs 1444

The rain has definitely been an issue this year but, thankfully, fishing has been awesome in both Blue Ridge and Ellijay for the past couple weeks at least and I expect the same in the weeks to come.
    "Everyone blows their money on stupid stuff. Just choose which stupid you want and roll with it."

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by flyfisher062305 View Post
      The rain has definitely been an issue this year but, thankfully, fishing has been awesome in both Blue Ridge and Ellijay for the past couple weeks at least and I expect the same in the weeks to come.
      Thanks so much!! I really look forward to this trip and my fall trip every year to break up the saltwater action.
      Capt. Jon Bull
      2019 Salt Marsh Skiffs 1444

Comment

The streams and small rivers run fairly clear not long after a rain. And of course the water recharge this winter has been great for the mountain streams. You should be fine.

Comment

The Toccoa upper section near Dial is normally safe to wade at 350/400 cfs. Today it is at 1658 cfs. The lake is not yet full so that is good for the lake. For wading the DH (ends May 15), and the rest of the upper, that is terrible. If other streams are similar in flow then they are blown out today. Maybe the rains will abate some before you come up at the end of this month but more is forecast for the end of this week. The really small streams with high elevations shed the rains pretty fast. They should be ok.

Comment

Working...
          X